IISMA is a Government of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students on mobility programs to overseas universities. IISMA is designed to accommodate undergraduate and vocational students to spend one semester (approximately 16 weeks) at university to study, experience host country culture, and do practical assignments to hone their skills. This program is centrally managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Kemdikbudristek (Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology or MoECRT) funded by the Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan/Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP). Application of participation is open for undergraduate and vocational students from all Indonesian higher education institutions.
The objective of this program is to facilitate Indonesian students to gain knowledge and skills as well as to exchange ideas and culture, and build networks with their peers, academics, and international community overseas.
For more information on the IISMA Program:
- Website at: https://iisma.kemdikbud.go.id/
- Information on IISMA Undergraduate and Vocational
- Manual Guidelines for Student Application
- FAQ IISMA Kemendikbudristek
- FAQ IISMA Universitas Gadjah Mada
- an active students registered at the Higher Education Database (Pangkalan Data Pendidikan Tinggi – PDDIKTI) or those who have not graduated;
- an undergraduate student who are currently in the 4th or 6th semester of recognized universities in Indonesia (Perguruan Tinggi Dalam Negeri – PTDN) under The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology; or Diploma 3 students who are currently in the 4th semester and Diploma 4 students who are currently in the 4th or 6th semester of the recognized universities with vocational programs in Indonesia (Perguruan Tinggi Penyelenggara Pendidikan Vokasi – PTPPV) under The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology;
- an Indonesian citizen (WNI) currently residing in Indonesia and does not have dual citizenship;
- maximum 23 years old on July 1, 2023;
- never have taken college leave (cuti) during undergraduate study (for undergraduate students);
- never have participated in an overseas physical mobility/exchange program including: Summer Program, Internship, Exchange, Credit Mobility, Sit-in, Dual/double degree or other credit-bearing program conducted abroad during during your diploma 3, diploma 4, or undergraduate study;
- have a cumulative GPA of minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) proven by latest academic transcript;
- submit adequate English proficiency with minimum score:*
Undergraduate students from PTDN:
i. Achieve a minimum score of TOEFL iBT – 78, IELTS – 6.0, or Duolingo English Test – 100,
ii. If the English language proficiency requirement at the host university is higher than point i.a above or only accepts a certain type of English language proficiency test, then the language requirement set by the host university will be applied to the applicant,
Vocational students from PTPPV:
i. Achieve a minimum score of TOEFL iBT – 60, IELTS – 6.0, Duolingo English Test – 95, or TOEIC Listening and Reading Test – 605,
ii. If the English language proficiency requirement at the host university is higher than point i.b above or only accepts a certain type of English language proficiency test, then the language requirement set by the host university will be applied to the applicant,
- nominated by from PTDN or PTPPV signed by the Head of Study Program and the Office of International Affairs UGM;
- not receive the living allowance from the other funding/scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology and Indonesian Endowment Fund (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan – LPDP) during the IISMA Program;
- not participating in other Kampus Merdeka programs at the same time as the IISMA Program;
- not have participated in more than one (1) Kampus Merdeka Program prior to the IISMA Program;
- never have violated the rules, norms, and/or laws applied in Indonesia;
- Willing to follow all the regulations which have been set by UGM and the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (MoECRT) RI.
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty to Rector UGM
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter and Study Plan
- Official Academic Transcript (in English)
- English language proficiency certificate (iBT, IELTS, Duolingo)
- Learning Agreement signed by Head of Department (template from UGM attached) *Please submit 2 Learning Agreements: 1st Choice and 2nd Choice of Host Universities
- Statement letter signed and sealed (bermaterai) by the Head of Department and Head of International Office or other relevant position with template IISMA attached (Undergraduate/Vocational) *Please submit the document signed by the Head of Department and upon review of your application, we will proceed with the signing by the Head of International Office UGM.
- Letter of Statement from Student and Parent template IISMA attached (Undergraduate/Vocational)
- Statement of Recipient of KIP/Bidikmisi Scholarship
- Statement of confirming participation in the MBKM flagship program (for UGM to be signed by Vice Dean of Academic Affairs)
- Colored Scanned Identity Page of Passport
- Colored Scanned Birth Certificate, Kartu Keluarga, and Identity card (KTP)
- Submit the aforementioned required documents combined in one PDF file to the Office of International Affairs by the deadline 25 February 2023 [Extended until 1 March 2023] through the online submission link: ugm.id/ApplyIISMA2023
- OIA will evaluate your application and upon selection review of your documents, OIA will then send the signed Statement Letter to your registered email address .
- Nominated students will proceed with the online application through IISMA Application Portal which will be opened by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) from 8 February – 1 March 2023.
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek) will proceed with the selection of students.
- The FINAL decision of acceptance will be from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemdikbudristek).
- List of programs (participating university partners and courses offered) are announced through IISMA Website.
- The signed Statement Letter from home university will be provided for each student to upload in their online application at IISMA Portal. The sooner you submit your COMPLETE documents to OIA, the sooner we can process your letter.
- As this scholarship is highly competitive, applicants are strongly suggested to strictly follow the basic requirements of the eligibility AND requirements of the host university.
- Any changes and updated information throughout the opening of the application will be notified to the webpage of OIA. Final reference of information will be from the IISMA Website.
- For further consultation, students are open to join Telegram Group IISMA UGM.