Greetings from Ritsumeikan University, Japan!
Ritsumeikan University is well-known for its International Relations and Science & Engineering departments. Ritsumeikan University has exchange programs with schools throughout the world, including The University of British Columbia, The University of Melbourne, The University of Sydney, the University of Hong Kong, and King’s College London. Ritsumeikan also currently offers a dual bachelor’s degree program and dual master’s degree program in collaboration with American University.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Ritsumeikan University Societies Student Exchange Program for Fall 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Nomination sheet (Factsheet etc.)
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- College of International Relations
TOEFL® iBT test 76, IELTS Academic 6.0, TOEIC® L&R test 740, Duolingo English Test (160-point scale) 100 or equivalent
- College of Policy Science
TOEFL® iBT test 50, IELTS Academic 5.0, TOEIC® L&R test 580, Duolingo English Test (160-point scale) 80 or equivalent
- College of Business Administration
TOEFL® iBT test 68, TOEFL® PBT test 520, CEFR B2, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent)
Students under an Agreement for Student Exchange with one of our partner universities receive the following benefits:
- Tuition Waiver. The tuition is waived for students from partner institutions.
- Scholarship: PBL program will apply for JASSO and if we are selected by them, students are able to apply for the JASSO scholarship. A monthly stipend will be 80,000 yen and it is offered for a period of 4 months (one semester students) or 10 months (2 semesters students). As various important factors will be taken into account during screening, please understand that not all applicants will receive the scholarship.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- All the document listed as required on the Application Guidelines
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form : http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than February 20, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Ritsumeikan University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Ritsumeikan University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- Application of outgoing mobility for fall semester in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.