The Nagoya University Program for Academic Exchange (NUPACE), established in February 1996, is a short-term student exchange programme, through which international students enrolled at Nagoya University’s partner institutions are given the opportunity to study in Japan for four to twelve months. The programme aims to forge friendships that extend beyond borders, internationalize through education, and motivate overseas students to pursue more extensive studies with regard to Japan. The NUPACE academic year runs from late September to August of the following year, and students are offered a choice of two admission periods: late September or early April.
As to the programme itself: NUPACE offers a unique and flexible curriculum consisting of Japanese language instruction, Japan area/intercultural studies and a wide range of courses in the student’s major field of study. In principle, the medium of instruction is English. Provided that students meet the minimum requirement of fifteen credits per semester, they can freely design their own curriculum, balancing their interest in Japanese language and Japan area/intercultural studies with their desire to pursue their ‘major’ or independent research. Guided research is also available as a study option. Furthermore, students proficient in Japanese are eligible to register for any course offered to degree-seeking students at Nagoya University.
More details: https://nupace.iee.nagoya-u.ac.jp/en/
- Undergraduate/graduate students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in either English OR Japanese.
- Study plan
- Official academic transcript records (issued in English by the institution)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of enrolment from the faculty
- Score sheet of internationally-recognized language proficiency test.
- Health certificate
- Copy of the information page of the passport
- ID photo
- Statement of bank account balance or scholarship (for students who do not apply for JASSO scholarship)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than February 15, 2023 for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Nagoya University and continue your online registration as for host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Nagoya University.