The Global Research Program is a virtual international experience program that supports research and creative projects in UC Chile and international partner universities within the Global Internships for Research and Practice-Based Learning framework. Spanish is not a requirement as all the faculty speak English.
The program aims to enhance and stimulate global research collaboration, connecting researchers with master’s and senior undergraduate students within new, creative, and innovative international research opportunities. UC|Chile is offering three virtual internships in the field of medicine, engineering, and mathematics:
- Professor Mircea Petrache – Manifold hypothesis testing for common datasets.
- Professor Eduardo Fuentes-López – Predictors of hearing aid use among older adults with hearing loss fitted in the Chilean public health sector (FONDECYT number: 11201327)
- Professor Luis Sobrevia – Involvement of H2S in gestational diabesity-increased adenosine/L-arginine/NO signaling pathway in human placenta microvascular endothelium.
- An acceptance letter to participate in a virtual internship at UC Chile.
- A participation certificate issued by the professor as long as all tasks assigned have
- Access to our virtual library catalogue.
- All students will have access to a virtual workshop – preparation package before their research
- At the end of the internship, UC | Chile will issue a certificate of completion of the Global
|NOVEMBER 30, 2022 – JANUARY 15, 2023||STUDENTS’ APPLICATION PROCESS:
International students submit applications for
available research projects.
|January 2023||MATCHING AND RESULTS
Researchers review student applications,
conduct interviews if applicable, and then
select suitable candidates.
|March 2022||PRE-INTERNSHIP PREPARATION
All students will have access to a virtual
workshop – preparation package before their
START: APRIL/MAY, 2023
ENDING: JULY/AUGUST, 2023
|Selected interns will receive recommendation
letters from our Faculty. Internship dates can
be modified upon agreement between the
student and the researcher.
- Enrolled in Gadjah Mada University during the program
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree students in their senior year
- Statement of Purpose (One page)
- Updated CV or Resume (One page)
- Transcripts or records of the last academic period.
- English proficiency tests if required.
The students interested in being part of this program must send all the documents via email
to firstname.lastname@example.org – Director for Global Mobility at UC | Chile, no later than Janury 15, 2023.
Kindly check the guidelines for further information about this virtual research internships.