Kansai University of International Studies (関西国際大学 or KUISs) is a private university in Miki, Hyōgo, Japan. The school was first established as a junior women’s college in 1987. In 1998 it became a co-ed four-year college. It opened a campus in Amagasaki city between Kobe and Osaka in 2009.
Since its founding, Kansai University of International Studies (KUISs) has sought to produce individuals with a love of humanity, capable of empathizing with people of diverse positions and exploring challenges together, under the school motto “I AI I EN” (Love Creates Belonging 以愛為園). Recognizing the universal need for a safe, secure society in these uncertain times as the “I AI I EN”(以愛為園) of the day, in April 2021 the university plans to reorganize its academic units into 19 majors in seven departments in six schools. The aim is to foster individuals capable of managing a safe, secure society based on the three approaches of global, safety, and management.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Kansai University of International Studies International Field Study Program for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. For more detailed information please refer to the link below.
Theme and Dates
ACP International Field Study Program has theme of “The Japanese Safety Management and Japanese Culture” a KUISs from February 2nd to 13th, 2023
- 3th to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5
Fee and Scholarship
- Fee Per Participant is JPY 130,000 which includes accommodation, breakfast, cultural program, short trip, transportation during the program.
- This program is selected to receive JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) scholarship (JPY 80,000 per student.) That is to say that the granted participants need to pay JPY 50,000 of participation fee (out of JPY 130,000), travel insurance, lunch & dinner, transportation from their home to Kansai International Airport by themselves.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have a grade point average of at least 2.50 out of 3.00 based on the calculation method specified by JASSO (JASSO GPA calculation document is also attached.)
- Application form for ACP International Study Program (download)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript (issued in Japanese or English)
- Study Plan
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Proof of Japanese proficiency (if any)
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- A document that certifies that the applicant is a recipient of a scholarship from his/her own country (if applicable)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Application form for JASSO Scholarship (download)
- Letter of Guarantee (download)
- Pledge (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than November 17, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Kansai University of International Studies and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Kansai University of International Studies
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for fall/odd semester in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.
If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour: