Warmest greetings from Fukuoka Women’s University, Japan!
Fukuoka Women’s University (FWU)-located in one of Asia’s most attractive cities, namely Fukuoka- has accumulated a history of personal and academic exchange with universities in Asia and around the rest of the globe. FWU was originally established in 1923 (Taisho year 12) as Fukuoka Prefectural College for Women and it was the first public women’s college in Japan. Today it still upholds this tradition of bright women’s higher education. FWU produced many graduates who played an active part domestically or abroad and it has contributed largely to the higher education of women in Japan. FWU links the education of “International Liberal arts・Leadership・Creativity” to its strong foundation of splendid higher education for women and the faculty staff is working hard as a team to train people that can play an active part at the global frontlines.
We are delighted to inform you that the application for the World of Japanese Contemporary Culture (WJC) Program for Spring 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Typewritten Application form (download)
- Online Questionnaire
- Academic transcript (original)
- Proof of GPA 2.3/3.0
- Two (2) recommendation letters from academic advisors
- TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS score (not required for native English speakers)
- JLPT score or proof of Japanese proficiency by teachers (only for JLC applicants)
- Essay entitled “ Why I want to join the FWU’s WJC Program”
- Typewritten Independent Study Project (ISP) proposal sheet (download, download sample)
- Certificate of Health (download)
- Copy of passport
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- November 15, 2022 (Tue)
Scanned copies of all required documents should be sent by the relevant office of the home university to the International Center of FWU (FWU-IC). Applications directly sent by applicants to FWU will not be accepted.
- November 30, 2022 (Wed)
For the selected students, the hard copies of their application materials should reach FWU-IC by the stated due date.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than November 10, 2022 for internal review.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Fukuoka Women’s University as host university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from Fukuoka Women’s University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for AY 2022/2023 will be processed, but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation.