The internationally renowned Institutions in technical education, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are inviting scholars from ASEAN countries to apply for PhD fellowships to strengthen the deep and historical relations between India and ASEAN.
The institution thrives for its quality education and strict selection criteria. When selected, you will be able to complete your Ph.D. with funding from the Government of India. The funding includes a monthly stipend and an annual research grant for up to 5 years of their Ph.D. program.
On 25th January 2018, at the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in New Delhi, the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, in the presence of the leaders of all 10 ASEAN countries announced the Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN. Under this Programme, 1000 fellowships will be provided to ASEAN citizens to pursue an integrated Ph.D. at the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology of their choice.
Why do a PhD in India (at IITs)
India has a strong focus on science and technology with vast research and development infrastructure. It’s the third-largest scientific and technical manpower pool with many world-class, internationally ranked universities awarding more than 40,000 doctorates annually. A nation of immense diversity which is reflected in its rich culture and heritage.
- IITs impart world-class education and conduct research in the relevant fields and further advancement of learning and dissemination of knowledge.
- Offering high-quality education and research with a chance to immerse oneself in the stimulating diversity of culture, language, religion, art, architecture, literature, music and dance that can equally boast of an unparalleled civilizational heritage and a modern global outlook.
Here are a few reasons to consider doing PhD in India (at IITs)
- Provide cutting-edge and interdisciplinary research in science and technology
- Outstanding research facilities
- Better career prospects
- Low costs and high standard of living
Provide students opportunities to grow culturally as well as academically
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN Academic score Requirement = 6/10 or 60% (calculated proportionally for other scales)
- Default Doctoral fellowship in India for ASEAN English Test Requirement: No English Language Certification Requirement
- Minimum No. of Recommendation letters: 2 recommendation letters
Satisfying the eligibility criteria guarantees neither interview nor admission. For additional eligibility criteria, please check the individual IIT’s preview page under the “Explore IITs” tab.
How to apply
Applicants may apply online at https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/ASEAN/login on our portal.
- Apply online on IIT’s portal
- Select the IITs you prefer and the specific program/area during the online application
- Each IIT you apply to follows their admission process consisting of an application screening, shortlisting, and possible online interview
- The final consolidated results based on the preferences in your application are reported on abovementioned portal
For more details please visit here