Warm greetings from Hokkaido University in Japan!
We are pleased to inform you that Hokkaido University offers two programs called HUSTEP (The Hokkaido University Short-Term Exchange Program) and JLCSP (The Japanese Language and Culture Studies Program). HUSTEP is an undergraduate program designed for students to take a wide variety of classes offered in English in the fields of Culture and Society, Environment, Science and Technology. Besides, JLCSP is designed for undergraduate students whose main focus is studying Japanese language and are majoring in Japanese Studies. Students can apply for a scholarship which is offered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) to a limited number of students. For more detailed information please refer to the links below.
- Be enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree programs (S-1, Min. 5th Semester) at Gadjah Mada University and pay tuition fees at home university during the entire period of study in Japan.
- Min. GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Be proficient in English. Students must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5 (For HUSTEP)*
- Must have N3 (or higher) on the Japanese Language Proficiency Test or the equivalent or higher proficiency in Japanese at the time of application (For JLCSP)
- Be able to arrive by late September or first week of April.
* In exceptional cases, a different internationally-recognized English test result may be accepted.
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Study Plan
- Official Academic Transcript (issued in English, or Japanese for JLCSP)
- Copy of passport photo identification page, valid during all the mobility period
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- For HUSTEP
- Cover Page HUSTEP Spring 2023 Application Form (download)
- HUSTEP Application Form Spring 2023 (download)
- Recommendation Letter from academic advisor (download)
- Certificate of Health (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment (download)
- English proficiency certificate
- Passport-size photo (3 pieces, 40×30mm / 1.6×1.2inch, plain white background, taken within the past six months)
- For JLCSP
- Application form for Japanese Language and Culture Studies Program students (download)
- Certificate of passing at least N3 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (A letter to show their Japanese language ability could be substituted. The letter has to include 1) the number of total hours for Japanese language classes, 2) the name of the textbooks for the classes, 3) description of the student’s achievement)
- Passport-size photo (3 pieces, 4.5cm×3.5cm, student name should be on their back)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 14th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Hokkaido University and you may proceed to the online application
- The FINAL decision from Hokkaido University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application of outgoing mobility programs for fall semester in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.
If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Email: email@example.com
- Sync consultation: http://ugm.id/AppointmentOIA
- For detailed info, click here