Warm greetings from UC Chile in Chile, South America!
UC Chile (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile) seeks excellence in the creation and transfer of knowledge and in the provision of a Catholic based education to form people at the service of society. Founded in 1888, the university currently has nearly 33,000 students and 500 professors. Nearly 1,000 international students come to UC Chile to experience a mobility program. UC Chile is ranked the best university in Latin America (QS Latin America University Rankings 2022) and 121st in the world (QS University Rankings 2023). The university has four campuses in Santiago and one in Villarrica, in the South of Chile. It has 18 faculties, four interdisciplinary academic units and the UC Chile College Program. Currently, They offer more than 60 undergraduate programs with 110 careers, 93 Master’s programs and 38 PhD programs.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for UC Chile Mobility Program for the March-July 2023 semester is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
You can find the most detailed information about the academic calendar, mobility programs, requirements, and information about staying at UC | Chile below.
- Undergraduate students (S1) or Graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be proficient in Spanish proved by certificate of spanish knowledge level B2*
* In the event of duly substantiated exceptions, students who accredit a B1 CEFR level of Spanish may apply as long as they compulsory enroll in the B2 Spanish course at UC Chile.
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record from home university
- Study Plan (please check this list of courses for the March-July 2023 semester as a reference)
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Certificate of Spanish knowledge B2 (DELE, SIELE or Certificate from home university stating level B2).
- Copy of passport photo identification page, valid during all the mobility period
- Passport-size photo (color, 20-60 KB, jpg format)
- Application for academic adjustments (download)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 1st, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to UC Chile and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from UC Chile.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com).
- Application of outgoing mobility programs for fall semester in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.
If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour: