Greetings from Toyo University in Tokyo, Japan!
Founded in 1887 by the philosopher Enryo Inoue, Toyo University is the only private university in Japan that puts “philosophy education” into practice. At that time, the Japanese public was being swept away by rapid changes in values as new cultures pressed following Japan’s opening to the world. That inspired him to raise a school that respects and enables students to develop their own perspectives and insights.
Toyo University has continued to preserve its founding spirit and continues to expand today. With over 130 years of history, Toyo University currently has 13 faculties. That makes Toyo University a comprehensive university that gives students the opportunity to study in a broad range of fields, from the humanities to science.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Toyo University Student Exchange Program Spring 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Get to know more about Toyo University
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1) and graduate students (S2)
- GPA requirement: 2.5/4.0 scale
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in Japanese, proven by JLPT Certificate (N3 or higher) or the equivalent of CEFR B2 or higher in English
- Students who don’t have a Japanese or English language proficiency test score are required to submit an “English-Language Ability Certificate” (please check the fact sheet to see the acceptable English scores)
- Online Application (after nominated)
- Documents Checklist*
- Application for Admission for Exchange Students*
- Academic Reference*
- Personal Statements
- Official Academic Transcript (with the explanation of the evaluation)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Passport-size photo in JPEG format (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Japanese Language Proficiency Certificate (JLPT Certificate (N1, N2, or N3)/ English Proficiency scores (CEFR B2 or higher)/ English or Japanese-Language Ability Certificate & copy of J-CAT score page (if you have)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (after nominated)
- Financial Supporting Documents (after nominated)
- Certificate of Health (after nominated)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form (http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication) for internal review no later than September 20th, 2022.
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as a Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Toyo University and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Toyo University.
- The format for spring 2023 courses at Toyo (online, on campus, or hybrid) has not been determined. As information about spring 2023 and the study abroad program becomes available, we will keep you updated
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Email: email@example.com
- Sync consultation: http://ugm.id/AppointmentOIA
- Detail info click here