Warm greetings from Saitama University, Japan!
Saitama University is a Japanese national university located in a suburban area of Sakura-ku, Saitama City, capital of Saitama Prefecture in Tokyo Metropolitan Area.
The University has five faculties (schools) for undergraduate education -Liberal Arts, Education, Economics, Science, and Engineering- and four graduate schools -Cultural Science, Education, Economic Science, and Science and Engineering-, all offering programs leading to doctorates as well as master’s degrees. The total enrollment in the university is more than 8,500 with more than 500 overseas students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies .
Every year, Saitama University welcomes short-term exchange students with diverse cultural backgrounds and understandings from our partner universities. Students may pick Saitama because they like Japan and wish to learn about the country. However, exchange students will discover that Saitama University is the worlds’ gateway to Japan, and Japan’s gateway to the world.
Students will pursue regular courses or the Intensive Japanese courses depending on Japanese and English language proficiency.
Saitama University is pleased to announce that nomination for our SPRING 2023 program is now open.
- Undergraduate Students (S1) or Postgraduate Students (s2)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least IELTS 6.5, TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL IBT 79 or equivalent)
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty (Sample_Certificate of Enrollment)
- Application Form (submitted upon nomination)
- Financial Statement (submitted upon nomination) : Bank balance certificate (must have account holder’s name, Bank name, and date stated on the document), scholarship award letters, or other financial documents
*Total amount must have at least 500,000 JPY for two terms or 1,000,000 JPY for four terms
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clearance (submitted upon nomination) : Must be within 3 months. Any type of test accepted (X-ray, blood test, skin test, etc.)
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Reference from Academic Supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Academic Transcript record
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page : Do not make any redaction to the copy. Submit in PDF file.
- Passport picture : 40mm×30mm, 354×472 pixel or above, JPEG file only
Photograph requirements | Immigration Services Agency of Japan (isa.go.jp)
Must be taken within 3 months and meet the above passport photo requirements. Taken with smartphone is accepted. Used for CoE application and for Student ID.
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication and no later than September 12, 2022.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Saitama University and you may proceed to the online application before October 1, 2022
- The FINAL decision is from Saitama University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- Application of outgoing mobility for fall in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation