Greetings from Mahidol University, Thailand!
Mahidol University has lived a long history for over 129 years since the establishment of “Siriraj Hospital” in 1888, then developed into a medical school in the next year. The name was bestowed by His Late Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej after His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla. The University is recognized as a significant higher education institution comprising academics and professionals in every field, both in arts and sciences. Mahidol University has continued to progress in all aspects to stay relevant and conform to the rapidly changing world and society.
The International Relations Division, Mahidol University, developed from the ASEAN+3 Mobility Program invites UGM Students to “Wisdom of Asia”. This is a virtual mobility program in which Mahidol University cooperates with several universities in ASEAN and ASEAN+3 countries including Universitas Gadjah Mada. The program allows Mahidol University students to travel to other ASEAN countries to learn more about the host nation’s history, culture, and language for a 2 – 4-week period during the summer break (June – August) each year, and earn two elective credits for the “Comparative Cultures” elective course.
Through the Program, participants from co-host universities will learn, share their experiences, and work together via online platforms for two weeks with guidance from faculty advisors. At the end of the program, participants will demonstrate their knowledge and skills by creating and sharing a group presentation. With international exchange as a significant aspect of the structure of this virtual mobility program, we hope to provide all participants with new experiences and perspectives by understanding and learning from one another. This year marks the second year that we will run this program online, with three leading universities from China, Indonesia, and Japan serving as co-hosts, ensuring that all participants gain diverse and useful experience and skills.
- Have a good grasp of English which allows them to work together in international groups and engage in academic discussions.
- Have good skills with many kinds of online platforms in order to participate in all activities, work on their project, and communicate with their group and advisor.
- Letter of Nomination from your Faculty (addressed to Head, Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from your Faculty
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Academic Transcript record (English version)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Individual photo (good quality) of each participant.
- Please submit your application form to OIA UGM before June 24, 2022 through http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication
- OIA UGM will send a nomination to Mahidol University
- The final decision is from Mahidol University