Warm greetings from Ibaraki University in Japan!
Ibaraki University (茨城大学, Ibaraki Daigaku), Japan, is a national university located in Ibaraki Prefecture, with campuses in the cities of Mito, Ami, and Hitachi. It was established on May 31, 1949, integrating these prewar institutions: Mito High School (Mito Kōtō-Gakkō), Ibaraki Normal School (Ibaraki Shihan-Gakkō), Ibaraki Juvenile Normal School (Ibaraki Seinen Shihan-Gakkō), and Taga Technical Specialists’ College (Taga Kōgyō Senmon-Gakkō). The initial colleges were the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Education, and the College of Engineering.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Ibaraki University Student Exchange Program for Fall 2022 (online class) is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Undergraduate (S1) or Graduate (S2) students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Obtained JLPT Certificate
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Application form [download]
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (English version)
- Study Plan [download]
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty [download]
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- All the document listed as required on the Online Application page
- Confirmation Letter of Participation [download]
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than July 1st, 2022 for internal review. Please, keep the hard file documents with you.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Ibaraki University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Ibaraki University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com).
- Application of outgoing mobility for the fall semester in AY 2022/2023 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.