The Hitachi Global Foundation originates to five foundations established with a strong will of former executives of Hitachi, Ltd., including the Society for the Promotion of Technology in Japan established in 1967 by Chikara Kurata who was the second President of Hitachi, Ltd., and the other four were founded by Kenichiro Komai, the third President, and Kamejiro Takeuchi, former Vice President. Cherishing the original philosophy, each of the five foundations contributed to society for over 40 years with programs in the fields of home upbringing, youth development, promotion of science and technology, awareness-raising of environmental conservation, and support for human development in Asia.
In April 2015, the five foundations were merged in the aim of better responding to social needs and implementing the continued programs organically, and also committed to developing the programs for better public benefits to tackle social challenges.
After the merger, the Hitachi Global Foundation has since been conducting our programs to respond to social needs together with the experience and knowledge of the Hitachi Group in the Foundation’s three key areas, namely “Promotion of Academic Research, Science and Technology,” “Human Development” and “Realization of an Inclusive Society” while inheriting the passion and philosophy of the founders of the five organizations, where the devotion of Hitachi’s foundations all started.
Hitachi Global Foundation is pleased to announce the calling for applications for The Hitachi Global Foundation Asia Innovation Award 2022 from today until 11:59 PM (Japan time) on June 30, 2022 for Universitas Gadjah Mada’s lecturers and researchers
The Hitachi Global Foundation Asia Innovation Award was launched in fiscal year 2020 to promote science, technology and innovation that will solve social issues and achieve a sustainable society in the ASEAN region. This Award recognizes individuals and groups that served public interests through their outstanding achievements in research and development in the fields of science and technology, including their visions of an ideal future society and social implementation plans for R&D as a means of achieving the UN’s SDGs.
Applicants shall prepare the following documents in English, and English translation shall be attached if any submitted document is written in your local language.
1) Application form
- Please complete the application form, and any application missing required information will not be accepted.
- Please create an R&D introduction video, up to five minutes, upload the video to Google Drive, and indicate a web link of the video in the application form.
- Please update the browser to the latest version as old versions may cause an error.
- Please make sure that the video does not have any issues of copyrights or portrait rights.
- The application form shall be submitted in the Word format.
- Please make sure that the applicant reads the precautions for handling personal information at the end of the application form and check the box if the applicant agrees.
- Please refer to the “How to fill in the application form” document for further details.
2) Recommendation letter
- Please have the letter prepared and signed by the head (director or above position) of the department of the applicant. The letter shall include the reason for the recommendation, the selection process (whether it is an institutional or individual nomination), and expectation of the applicant’s R&D and social implementation plan.
- The letter shall be submitted in PDF.
- Please submit up to three kinds of evidence of the applicant’s R&D achievement.
- It is recommended that at least one research paper be submitted as evidence of the applicant’s R&D achievement.
- The attachments shall be submitted in PDF
Who can apply
Applicants must satisfy all the following criteria:
– A faculty member, researcher, or student who belong to Universitas Gadjah Mada
– Having outstanding achievement in R&D in the field of Science and Technology, including
publication of a research paper, conference presentation, patent acquisition, etc. and its social
– Recommended by the target universities where he / she belongs to.
- Application Guidelines
- Application Form (How to fill in)
- Application Form
- Application Process
- Submit the aforementioned documents to http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication and by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 17th, 2022 for internal review and nomination.
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA UGM will confirm your official nomination to Hitachi Global Foundation and you may proceed with further application procedures.
- The FINAL decision is from the Hitachi Global Foundation