Darmasiswa Scholarship Program is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language (bahasa Indonesia), art and culture in 72 universities in 2022.
Darmasiswa Scholarship Program was established in 1974 as part of ASEAN initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN. The main purpose of the Darmasiswa Scholarship Program is to promote and increase the interest in the language, art, and culture of Indonesia among youth of other countries. Darmasiswa Scholarship Program is also designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website (apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id).
- Students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
- Applicants with English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or other certificate applicable.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical Certificate
- Last high school diploma
- Passport valid at least 24 months from registration
- Language certificate
- Other certificates that related to the field applied (if applicable)
- Recommendation letter from education institution/professional institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Essay with the topic of the purpose of study (in English or bahasa Indonesia with maximum 500 words)
- The video shows full of body and has a maximum duration of 2 minutes to tell about the motivation to join the program and what will be done after the program, as an ambassador of Indonesian culture (in English and Indonesian)
Application Website: https://darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id/regulations/