DARMASISWA is a one-year non-degree scholarship program offered by the Indonesian government to all non-Indonesian citizens from countries which Indonesia has diplomatic relations to study Indonesian language, arts, music, crafts and other specific subjects at 68 Indonesian Higher Education Institutions selected in various cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The main objective of the DARMASISWA program is to increase and cultivate interest in Indonesian language and Indonesian culture among citizens from other countries. It also designed to increase mutual understanding and provide stronger cultural bonds between different nations.
Prospective students are required to register and submit all documents in Darmasiswa RI official website apply.darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id. For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
II. PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- Online registration (20 February 2023 – 7 April 2023)
- Interview and Administrative Check at Indonesian Embassy/Consulate (8 April 2023 – 21 April 2023)
- Selection by the University (22 April 2023 – 4 May 2023)
- Announcement (12 May 2023)
- Attendance confirmation (12 May 2023 – 24 May 2023)
- Final Announcement (31 May 2023)
- Flight itinerary confirmation (6 June 2023 – 1 August 2023)
- Pre-Departure Briefing at Indonesian Embassy/Consulate (July – August 2023)
- Orientation program in Jakarta, Indonesia (29 – 31 August 2023)
- Class starts (Early of September 2023)
The monthly living allowance that will be received by students is IDR 2,600,000 (two million six hundred thousand Indonesian rupiah).
Living Allowance IDR 2,600,000/month
Book Allowance IDR 2,000,000 (one-off)
Settlement Allowance IDR 2,600,000 (one-off)
Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if the time arrival in time with the schedule from the MoECRT.Students are advised to bring extra money (better in USD) for their personal unforeseen expenses in Indonesia.
- Foreign nationals.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Minimum age 18 years and Not older than 27 years of age.
- Able to communicate in English (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable).
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate.
- Not currently working in Indonesia
- Not currently studying in Indonesia
- Not registered as Darmasiswa’s Alumni
- Have good interest to learning about language, art, and culture.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
V. INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE TICKET
The Ministry of Education and Culture does not provide the International airfare to/from Indonesia
VI. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from the time of applying.
- Recommendation Letter from Education Institution/ Professional Institution on official letterhead and with signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate.
- Certifificates related to the applied field (if applicable).
- Photo passport (color).
- Essay about applicant’s purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
- A full body video that shows applicant explaining her/his motivation to join the program and what she/he will contribute as an ambassador of Indonesian culture after graduating (video must not exceed 2 minutes duration and can be in English or Indonesian)
More information visit darmasiswa.kemdikbud.go.id