Warm greetings from National University of Singapore in Singapore!
The National University of Singapore (NUS) started out as a modest medical school with 23 students in 1905, founded by a determined group to serve the needs of the local community. Today, more than 100 years on, as Singapore’s flagship university, the University continues to be in service to the country and society. NUS aspires to be a vital community of academics, researchers, staff, students and alumni working together in a spirit of innovation and enterprise for a better world.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for NUS Enterprise Summer Programme in Entrepreneurship 2022 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
NUS Enterprise Summer Programme immerses high-calibre students from around the world in an intensive two-week introduction to the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem of Singapore and Southeast Asia. The program will be conducted online from 11 July to 22 July 2022 with three main topics: Business and Socio-Cultural context of Singapore and ASEAN; Practical Insights; and Skills for Aspiring Entrepreneurs, and Themes in Entrepreneurship.
The format of the program remains virtual for international students. However, as the pandemic situation remains fluid, there’s a possibility that the program format may change. Eligible students may be able to join the program physically in Singapore if the existing travel restrictions ease. In such a case, the nominated and selected students must be willing to travel to Singapore under the prevailing travel guidelines by the Singapore government. We seek the students’ understanding of adapting to these changes, where applicable.
As a university partner to NUS, UGM will nominate up to 10 students that are eligible for SGD4,650 scholarship and are most passionate about entrepreneurship. For students who are not selected for the scholarship, but eligible for the program, we would strongly encourage them to self-fund and/or seek sponsorship for the program.
- Undergraduate (S1) students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL (internet-based) 100 or IELTS 6.5 (with at least 6.5 scores in Reading and Writing components)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (English version)
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- All the document listed as required on the Online Application page
- Confirmation Letter of Participation [download]
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than March 8th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to National University of Singapore and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from National University of Singapore.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If after the selection process and you do not pass the scholarship, please prepare for your self fund.