Greetings from Tunghai University, Taiwan.
Established in 1955, Tunghai University is a liberal institution that is full of scholarly elites and abundant resources and is well-known for its beautiful campus. Tunghai has 9 colleges, 34 departments and 35 Master’s programs (1 independent Master’s program and 13 In-Service Master’s programs), and 14 Ph.D. programs. Tunghai has a student body of approximately 17,000 students and close to 500 teachers (88% of assistant professors and above). With its spacious campus (which reaches 1,333,096 square meters), Tunghai has the ideal teaching and learning environment for each and every Tunghai faculty and student.
We are glad to announce that Tunghai University 2022 Spring Exchange Program Nomination and Application is now open for University of Gadjah Mada students.
For more information about the exchange program: http://oir.thu.edu.tw/page5/super_pages.php?ID=page503&Sn=85
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Online Application Form
- Passport Copy (The passport should be valid for at least 6 more months after the end of the exchange period.)
- Letter of recommendation written in English or in Chinese
- Study Plan in English or in Chinese
- Official Academic Transcript in English or in Chinese
- Tunghai University Dormitory Housing Application Form (optional)
- Financial certification of USD 3000 (e.g. Bank Statement..)
- Digital file (.jpg) of passport-size photo (97 pixels x 131 pixels) with WHITE background **Please set the file name as student’s name
- Medical Report (Mandatory for one-semester students, could be submitted after receiving the acceptance notification)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Language proficiency certificate (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP 550, iBT 79 or IELTS 6.0, TOEIC 730)
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic advisor
- Portfolio/Work Collection (For students applying for the Dept. of Architecture, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Landscape Architecture)
- Certificate for the major instrument (For students applying for the Dept. of Music)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than November 20th, 2021 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Tunghai University and you may proceed to the online application. Link for online application will be shared after nomination
- The FINAL decision is from Tunghai University
- As the pandemic situation is still unstable, the entry restriction to non-degree students is not lifted yet. Thus, please kindly be informed that it is still possible that the Spring program might be changed or cancelled because of the pandemic situation and the disease prevention measures. If any change occurs, we will keep you updated.
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)