Warm greetings from Tamkang University, Taiwan!
Tamkang University is Taiwan’s oldest private institution of higher learning. Founded in 1950 as a junior college of English literature. Today it is a comprehensive university with 11 colleges that serves nearly 25,000 students on four campuses (three traditional, one online). Currently, Tamkang University has over 28,000 students of 50 nationalities from diverse backgrounds. Tamkang has partnerships with over 100 sister universities in 28 countries. The university’s main campus in historic Tamsui is noted for its scenery.
We’re delighted to inform you that Tamkang University is ready to accept your exchange student nomination for the Spring 2022 Semester!
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English or Chinese. Non-native speakers must have a TOEFL iBT score of 61 or equivalent for an English taught program and/or HSK Level 3 or equivalent for Chinese taught program.
- Must possess GPA minimum 2.0 out of 4.0 scale
- Official Transcript in English
- Study Plan
- Scanned copy of Passport
- 3 Pieces of Photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Application for Dormitory (Optional)
- Application for Scholarship (Optional)
- Certificate Proficiency in English
- Nomination/Recommendation Letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 18th, 2021 for internal review. No need to send the original copy.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Tamkang University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Tamkang University
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- Taiwan’s government have not lifted the entry restriction for overseas exchange student. If the policy didn’t change, we might have to suspend our exchange program. If there is any decision made, we will update you as soon as possible.
- New student must purchase Student Accident Insurance (185 NTD /semester). Student who has not purchased overseas medical insurance in their home country will be required to buy TKU Exchange Student Medical Insurance (2,500 NTD/ 5 months).
- National Health Insurance is mandatory for students who stay for one academic year (two semesters) and have Alien Resident Certificate (ARC).
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)