Warm greetings from Shibaura Institute of Technology in Japan!
Throughout its 91 years of history, Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT) has proudly and consistently maintained ‘Nurturing engineers who learn from society and contribute to society’ as the philosophy in providing engineering education. Realizing the force of globalization that can no longer be separated from the global economy, SIT highlights the importance of up-to-date framework for ‘learning through practice’ experience by focusing on intensive English Language programs and Project Based Learning programs under a multicultural environment with many Hands-on subjects. With its well-known reputation, SIT currently has 265 laboratories and 200 partner universities.
This year, Shibaura Institute of Technology offers Research Exchange Program (4th entry 2021) and Course-taking Sandwich Program (Fall semester 2021). The Research Exchange Program gives participants opportunities to work on research under the supervision of a SIT professor and to work at a laboratory based on their research topic and the lab capacity of SIT professors. Participants can also pursue their research topics in a Japanese-style lab and culturally diverse vibrant academic/research environment. Meanwhile, the Course-taking Sandwich Program allows participants to continue to be registered at their home university, while studying 1 semester or 2 semesters at SIT. For example, the student may study for their first two years at their home university, study at SIT for the third year, and then return to home university to complete their studies. The SIT Course-Taking Sandwich Program provides varied fields of study such as Mechanical, Materials, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Architecture, Civil and System.
Research Exchange Program:
- Research-oriented program
- For Junior, Senior, & graduate students who have basic/good knowledge to conduct research work independently
- Flexible program duration (min. 8 days to max. 1 year)
- Over 250 laboratories.
- Registration fee JPY30,000
Course-taking Sandwich Program:
- For undergraduate and graduate students
- Course oriented program
- From 1 semester to 2 semesters (1 year)
- Over 100 courses conducted in English (also offers Japanese language course)
- Registration fee : JPY30,000
We are pleased to inform you that the application for the SIT Research Exchange Program and Course-taking Sandwich Program 2021 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- Undergraduate students or Graduate students
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 72, IELTS 5.5, or CEFR B2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (issued in English)
- Research Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- All the document listed as required on the Online Application
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than April 1st, 2021 for internal review and nomination. Please, keep the hard file documents with you.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to SIT and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from SIT.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com).
- Application of outgoing mobility in AY 2021/2022 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.