Warm greetings from National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan!
National Chung Hsing University is a research-led comprehensive university in South District, Taichung, Republic of China. Currently, NCHU is among the four universities of the Taiwan Comprehensive University System, a research-led university alliance in Taiwan.
We are pleased to inform you that the Global Talent Internship Program from National Chung Hsing University is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
The annual Global Talent Internship Program (GTI Program) hosted by the Ministry of Science and Technology Center for Global Affairs and Science Engagement (MOST GASE) offers young talents an incredible opportunity to gain deeper understandings of Taiwan’s innovative science and technology development. The internship program will take place from June 28 to August 25, 2021. During the 8-week internship, the students can choose to enter one of the leading laboratory in Taiwan’s top universities, national labs, and corporations. Also, they will have the opportunities to participate in featured speeches, corporate visits, as well as language & cultural experiences that GASE offered.
- Lab/Corporate Internship
To build professional networks and engage in multidisciplinary research, participants will be assigned to different leading universities and national research labs in Taiwan. Aside from academic research, participants will have the option to intern at selected corporations to gain practical experience in the professional work environment.
- Featured Speeches
To prepare participants with comprehensive background knowledge of the focus topics, the program offers introductory lectures by distinguished scholars and experts from Green Technology and Biotechnology fields.
- Corporate Visits
Exclusive visits to prominent corporations offer participants a unique insight to Taiwan’s innovative industries. Through face-to-face conversation with outstanding entrepreneurs and scientists, this insider experience will help bring the theoretical learning into practical training for the participants.
- Language & Cultural Experiences
To help our participants fully embrace the local culture and explore the beauty of Taiwan, special Mandarin courses on basic conversations and a wide range of cultural will be arranged.
The program tuition fee will be provided by MOST GASE. Accommodation during 28 June – 4 July (6 nights) & 23 -25 August (2 nights) will be provided by MOST GASE. A set amount of accommodation fee during 4 July – 23 August will be subsidized by the Ministry of Science and
Technology, Taiwan for the amount of NT$ 43,750 (approx. US$ 1,500) before tax (18%).
Participants are responsible for airfares, visas, meals, local transportation, personal insurance and other personal expenses.
For more information regarding the program can be access from this link and this Brochure GTI Program
- Postgraduate students (S2) or University students (3rd year or above) with research experience
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Proved by English certificate with at least English proficiency level of CEFR B2 level (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 72)
- Curriculum Vitae (.Pdf format)
- Online Application Form
- Motivation Letter or Statement of Purpose (max. 700 words)
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Research Proposal (max. 700 words)
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- Head-shot Photo (360×480 pixel, JPEG format)
- Other Supplementary Documents (Optional)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication and no later than March 1st, 2021.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to National Chung Hsing University and you may proceed to the online application
- The FINAL decision from National Chung Hsing University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for spring/even semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation