Warm greetings from Sophia University, Tokyo!
The origin of Sophia University can be traced back to more than 450 years ago when the Jesuit missionary Francis Xavier came to Japan in 1549 to spread Christianity in Japan. In recent years, Sophia University led the move to internationalization in Japan, providing study and educational opportunities that take its increasingly complex world into account. Over the years, the university has created an original global network that allows researchers and students from overseas to teach and study in Japan, and Japanese researchers and students to do the same abroad. Sophia University provides an excellent educational environment for the era of internationalization, cultivating “Men and Women for Others, with Others” who can excel on the global stage.
Started in 2014, Sophia University United Nations Weeks with an aim “to consider our future and the world through the work of the United Nations”, its 14th events will be held this October.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Sophia University Student Exchange Program for spring 20201 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- All the document listed as required on the Application Guidelines
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Passport picture
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 23rd, 2020 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Sophia University and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Sophia University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- Application of outgoing mobility for spring/even semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.