Greetings from Akademi Pengajian Bahasa, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia.
Akademi Pengajian Bahasa (in English translation: Academy of Language Studies), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), is proud to invite you to the 6th Malaysian International Conference on Academic Strategies in English Language Teaching (My_CASELT) and 3rd Language Invention, Innovation and Design Exposition (LIID).
For more information, visit here
21-22 August 2019, Wednesday- Thursday
The Pacific Sutera Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
The 6th Malaysian International Conference on Academic Strategies in English Language Teaching (My_CASELT) is an inter-disciplinary conference which serves as a platform for the sharing of innovative research findings, best practices and prospects in English Language Teaching with the theme “Empowering ELT Professionals in a Globalized Environment”. It aims to bring together leading scholars, researchers and practitioners from Malaysia and around the world to enable them to present and discuss new advancements and current findings in ELT.
In conjunction with this event, the conference is also organizing the 3rd Language Invention, Innovation and Design (LIID) Exposition with the theme “Empowering Practitioners’ Innovation in Language Teaching”. This event will be a platform for educational professionals to showcase their innovations and explore new ideas as well as potential projects in ELT.
The sub- themes include:
- Language and Technology: New Media in English Language Education, Beyond Classroom Learning, Impact of Social Media
- Language Policy and Governance: English Language Education Roadmap 2015 – 2025, Education Policy (e.g. iCGPA), Curriculum Design, Issues in Language Education Implementation
iii. Language Assessment: International Benchmarking, Assessment Framework (e.g. CEFR), Innovative Assessment Methods
- Language Teaching and Learning: English as a Second Language, English as a Foreign Language, English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Research and Development: Research in Language Education, Action Research in Language Education, Best Practices in Language Education
- Applied Language Studies: Language and Literature: Language and Society, Language and Professional Communication
?Selected papers will be published in e-proceedings or International Journal of Modern Languages & Applied Linguistics (IJMAL)
?There will be a 5% discount if you register for both My_CASELT 2019 & LIID 2019, and group registration.
?Please submit your abstract no later than 15th May 2019 for a chance to publish in our Conference Abstract Book, with ISBN number.
Abstract submission : 15 May 2019
Notification of acceptance : 22 May 2019
Registration / Full Payment Deadline : 15 July 2019
Full paper submission : 15 July 2019