[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Tokyo Tech will host two exciting exchange programs: the YSEP (Young Scientist Exchange Program) for senior/final-year undergraduate students and master’s students, and the ACAP (Academic Cooperation Agreement Program) for both undergraduate (second year or above) and graduate-level students.
Program sheet: 11 Tokyo Tech Information Sheet (November 2017)
Comparison: 03 Comparison Table on YSEP and ACAP
Tokyo Tech YSEP (Young Scientist Exchange Program)
YSEP will accept approximately 40 to 50 students in total from Tokyo Tech partner universities which have established a student exchange agreement with our institute. There are 2 types of programs in YSEP: YSEP Focused on Research (YFR, a one-year program) and YSEP for Experiencing Japan (YEJ, a six-month program).
For more information: http://www.titech.ac.jp/english/graduate_school/international/exchange/ysep.html
General Information: 04 General Information on YSEP
- Recommendation Letter(s) from faculty
- Official Transcript showing Academic Records
- Official Test Results (TOEFL (iBT, PBT, ITP), TOEIC, IELTS) Or other official test which will certify the applicant’s’ English proficiency and
The Conversion tables between the score of the test and TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS.
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Certificate of Eligibility Application [Download : 09 CoE Application] –> Example [Download : 10 CoE Application (Example)]
- Copy of Applicant’s Passport
*If the applicant does not have a passport at the time of application, please submit a copy immediately upon receipt of the admission result from Tokyo Tech.
- Application for Tokyo Tech Student ID Card (affix the applicant’s photo to this form) [Download : 08 Student Card]
- Photograph (JPEG)
*4.5㎝×3.5㎝, taken within the past 6 months, upper body, full-faced, no caps or hats with plain background.
- If the applicant’s major is Architecture, please submit a portfolio of his/her previous work.
- Application form 05 YSEP 2017-2018 Online Application Form
ACAP: Academic Cooperation Agreement Program
General info:06 General Information on ACAP
Note: In the Department of Architecture and Building Engineering, an academic advisor will be assigned to each applicant after a review of the applicant’s CV and portfolio. Detailed instructions on the submission of these additionally required materials will be given to each relevant applicant after Tokyo Tech has received the official nomination from the applicant’s home university. As for the Nomination of Students, please see below.
In the Department of Innovation Science, an academic advisor will be assigned to each applicant after a review of the applicant’s CV and Study/Research Plan (free format). Detailed instructions on the submission of these additionally required materials will be given to each relevant applicant after Tokyo Tech has received the official nomination from the applicant’s home university. As for the Nomination of Students, please see below.
★For Applicants also applying for a JASSO Scholarship:
There is no particular application form for a JASSO Scholarship. As long as the ACAP application materials for an eligible student have been submitted by the above deadline, the student will automatically be considered for a JASSO Scholarship. For the eligibility requirements, see the “Information about the JASSO Scholarship” reference document found in this packet.
For Applicants also applying for a JASSO Scholarship and who do NOT intend to take any courses during their exchange period: Students not taking courses must be highly motivated and MUST OBTAIN THE CERTIFICATE OF RESEARCH (the proof of achievement with regard to their research projects) at Tokyo Tech by following the necessary procedures at the end of their research period.
Note: Students not taking courses must be aware that if they want to be considered for a scholarship, they will have to obtain this Certificate of Research at Tokyo Tech.
For more information: http://www.titech.ac.jp/english/graduate_school/international/exchange/acap.html
- Official Transcript of the Applicant’s Academic Record in English
* Please include the guidelines of the grading system in English.
* Please submit transcripts from at least the last 2 years.
* Tokyo Tech reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the applicant’s transcript.
- Recommendation Letter from faculty
- Certificate of enrollment
- Application for Tokyo Tech Student ID Card [Download : 08 Student Card
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility [Download : 09 CoE Application] —> Example [Download: 10 CoE Application (Example)]
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport
* If the applicant does not have a passport at the time of application, a copy should be submitted by email as soon as it is issued.
- Official Test Result of TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, or equivalent document
* The file must be 350 (height) x 290 (width) pixels
* The photo should be in color with no background and must provide a clear, front view of the applicant’s entire face.
- Consent of a Tokyo Tech Professor
* Please submit evidence that a Tokyo Tech professor has consented to be the applicant’s academic advisor.
- Verification Documents of the Applicant’s Financial Status in English (Original)
* For example, a bank statement (which verifies the exact available balance in the account (at least 80,000 JPY × the number of months the applicant will stay in Japan (e.g. for staying for 6 months: 480,000 JPY)) and the currency unit) for the applicant or the applicant’s financial supporter; or a scholarship certificate (if any).
* Financial Status Verification is required as part of the application process for the Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which is the documentation used to obtain a visa to study in Japan.
* If there is not an English version of these documents, please attach a certified English translation with a signature of the translator and the date of translation
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue apply online to Tokyo Tech as for host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Tokyo Tech.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES (hardcopy) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and by email to email@example.com no later than November 21, 2018.