[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Osaka University will offer scholarships by the Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) for academic study in Japan to students as Japanese Government Scholarship Students through university recommendation.
Program Guideline: 2017 Application Guidelines for the Nikkensei Program 2017 (in English with explanatory notes)
①Applicants must be undergraduates at foreign (non-Japanese) universities majoring in fields related to the Japanese language or Japanese culture at the time of arrival in and leaving Japan.
②Those who have studied Japanese language or Japanese culture at a university for more than one year as of April 2017 will be eligible.
(For those who have studied Japanese language or Japanese culture at another university and the time spent studying there totals one year or more: please submit a document [a transcript from a different university] which proves that you have been studying Japanese for one year or more).
October 2017 to September 2018.
• Application Form with Applicant’s photo (two-sided copying) http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/koutou/ryugaku/boshu/1346643.htm
• Letter of recommendation 2017 Letter of Recommendation Form
• Questionnaire for telephone interview 2017 Questionnaire for Telephone Interview
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• A document which proves that the applicant has been studying Japanese Language and Japanese Culture for one year or more (this is only to be submitted by applicants whose transcript does not show that he/she has studied Japanese Language and Japanese Culture for one year or more)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Osaka University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Osaka University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 15, 2017.