[Scholarship offered to this program]
— For student of Faculty of Agriculture only —
The title of program is “The education and research leader upbringing program to environment preservation through Agri-Food Linkage”. The students enroll as undergraduate special auditors or graduate special auditors and carry out research including laboratory work and field work under the guidance of a supervisor at Faculty of Agriculture, Yamagata University. Title of research is determined after discussion with the supervisor. The students also study some subjects such as seminar, intensive scientific English and Japanese language. Credit exchange between two universities is available. Tutors are assigned to each student for the purpose of giving special help outside of the classroom in order to promote his/her studies and research activities.
Program Guideline: Announcement2017publish
Term: From September 2017 to August 2018 (12 months in total).
Source of Scholarship: Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
Monthly stipend: ¥80,000 x 12 months
• List of supervisors 2017List-of-supervisor
• Information Sheet Information-sheet2017
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Grade Transcript of UGM (Mater course student needs to submit both grade transcript of undergraduate and grade transcript of mater course)
Grade Transcript of UGM must be written in English. Academic year and semester of each subject need to be shown in Grade Transcript or in additional note.
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Certificate of Japanese language proficiency by a Japanese language instructor
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Yamagata University as for host university selection.
4) Introduction of the program and interview (oral examination) by Prof. Tawaraya, the coordinator of international exchange between UGM and Yamagata University and Prof. Murayama of Yamagata University (UGM campus) will be conducted at the second week of May.
5) FINAL decision from Yamagata University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than March 2, 2017.