[Scholarship offered for this program]
—— for PhD only ——
The goal of the YRS is to provide graduate students with an opportunity to better understand the spectrum of challenges that underpin sustainable development. By assembling young researchers from ProSPER.Net institutions for an intensive 10-day programme, the school also fosters the growth of a network of sustainability scholars and professionals in the Asia-Pacific region.
The theme of the 2017 school will be ‘Water Security for Sustainable Development in a Changing Climate’. A preliminary programme outlines the ways in which students will be exposed to issues related to water security in the context of climate change. Students will then be asked to develop research responses to several challenges related to water security in the region. The goal of these responses is to provide integrative solutions that can be applied in communities facing water security issues.
For further information, please visit: http://prospernet.ias.unu.edu/projects/young-researchers-school-yrs/2017-prosper-net-young-researchers-school-yrs-water-security-for-sustainable-development-in-a-changing-climate
Program Brochure: yrs_tenative_programme_final
This programme is designed to provide students with valuable learning opportunities as well as a platform to contribute ideas. Features of the programme include:
– Team building and group work on discovering research questions and developing proposals on sustainability issues.
– Development of communication skills through presentation of research plans developed during the school as well as for the students’ own dissertations. These will be discussed with resource persons and scholars from HCM-IU and UNU-IAS.
– Field trips to learn about water management in Vietnam and engage with local experts and communities.
A limited number of scholarships are available which will cover the costs of Young Researchers’ School tuition, round-trip economy class ticket to and from Ho Chi Minh, accommodation, visa processing fee (if applicable) and most meals, except for travel insurance, which shall be the participant’s responsibility
• Application Form >>> 2017yrs_application_form_final
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Surat pengantar dari fakultas (Dekan)
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 5, 2017.