[This program is self-funded]
Meiji University Cool Japan Summer Program is a 13 day program, comprised of a series of lectures, workshops and field trips on a wide variety of subjects relating to Japan’s contemporary images — from manga, anime and music, to fashion, the latest technology and cuisine. This program will investigate the diverse aspects of Japanese society and uncover their underlying traditional elements as well. English will be used throughout the course, so Japanese Language ability is not required. For 2017, participant will be traveling to Nagano (Yamanashi) prefecture, to experience nature and traditional aspects of Japan outside the city! Participants will have a chance to see fireworks over the lake wearing a Yukata as well.
For further information, please visit: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/programs/cooljapan/index.html
DATE & PLACE
Date: July 21 (Fri) – Aug 2 (Wed), 2017
Place: Meiji University Surugadai Campus (Tokyo)
150,000 yen (JPY)
*This includes tuition fee, transportation and field trip/workshop fee in the program, transportation and accommodation fee (one night) for the Nagano trip, and welcome/farewell parties.
*Airfare and travel expenses to and from Japan, accommodation during the program, transportation fee outside the program, food, travel insurance, and other daily expenses are NOT included.
1. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program as of July 21, 2017.
2. Must be 18 years old or above as of July 21, 2017.
3. Must be able to attend courses and give presentation in English, and submit an assignment paper after the program.
4. Must attend all of the program activities from July 21 (Fri) to August 2 (Wed), 2017.
Please apply online from the program website. Application period: February 1 (Wed) – February 28 (Tue), 2017.
1. Japanese Language Program at Meiji: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/programs/mjlp/index.html
2. Law in Japan: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/programs/law/index.html
More info: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/programs/index.html
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through website http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/programs/cooljapan/application.html
4) FINAL decision from Meiji University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 31, 2017.