[Scholarship offered for this program]
To respond to the establishment of the ASEAN Community and to celebrate the auspicious occasion of His Majesty the King’s 84th birthday anniversary, SUT is delighted to announce the launch of the SUT-Ph.D. Scholarship Program for ASEAN to promote student mobility and Ph.D. degree program development in the region. Future employment in ASEAN will require graduates to have additional skills apart from their professional skills, such as English and other languages used in ASEAN as well as inter-cultural skills. The SUT-Ph.D. Scholarship Program for ASEAN will be one definite step toward greater academic collaboration in the ASEAN Community. Nine scholarships will be granted to students or faculty members of higher education institutions in ASEAN countries to further the study of doctoral degrees study at SUT in the fields of Science, Engineering, Agricultural Technology and Social Technology.
Program Brochure: suranaree-university-thailandsuranaree_univ_thailand
List of departments: http://web.sut.ac.th/asean/index.php/study-programs
- be national of an ASEAN country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam),
- be of age 35 or below by the date of the application deadline,
- hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field,
- Ph.D. scholarship for Bachelor degree holder
hold a Bachelor’s degree with GPAX > 3.25 (on 4.00 scale),
Ph.D. scholarship for Master degree holder
hold a Master’s degree with GPAX > 3.50 (on 4.00 scale) with at least one research publication in an international standard journal, written in English, Applicants whose grades are based on a different system, not on a 4.00 scale, are requested to convert their GPAX to 4.00 scale, and provide explanations.
- possess proficiency in English
for English Language Studies program: TOEFL > 550 or IELTS > 6.0,
for all other Ph.D. programs: TOEFL > 500 or IELTS > 5.0,
or scores obtained through other equivalent standardized tests. The results of the English tests must not be older than 2 years by the date of the application deadline.
- not have been granted a scholarship under this program before.
- be of good health.
Master to PhD (3 Years) : Total Amount 960.000 Baht (30.000 USD)
Bachelor to PhD (5 Years) : Total Amount 1.200.000 Baht (37.500 USD)
1. Download application package application2017
2. Submit application together with all documents required and submit them to:
“The Center for International Affairs, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, THAILAND 30000”
Please mark “SUT-Ph.D. Scholarship for ASEAN” at the bottom right corner of the application package.
3. It is recommended to also submit the application form and all required documents electronically (pdf files with size less than 5 MB via e-mail to email@example.com). Please note the incomplete application will not be considered.
For more information, please visit: http://web.sut.ac.th/asean/