The primary aim of the Scheme is to enhance research capacity in ACIAR’s partner country institutions. Whilst individual awardees will benefit from the Scheme, it is important to emphasise that partner country institutions are the key targets.
ACIAR’s research priorities are determined through regular consultations with partner countries. Alignment of postgraduate training with research will ensure that the training needs of partner countries are met. Thus, postgraduate studies undertaken by each awardee are usually based on the research work being carried out under the collaborative research project in whch the awardee is engaged prior to taking up the award. Although applications are welcome from participants in both bilateral and multilateral projects, applicants must be working with ACIAR projects in a current partner developing country and applicants must be citizens of the country in which they are working.
After a successful initial year, ACIAR will continue to use the online application process. For registration please visit the Online Australia Scholarship Information System (OASIS) http://oasis.dfat.gov.au to logon, create and complete an application.
Please note that it is ACIAR’s preference that applicants apply online. However if applicants are unable to submit online an updated application form will be made available on request to email@example.com
The JAF 2017 intake round opens on Sunday 1 May 2016 until Sunday 31 July 2016 (Australia Eastern Standard Time)
The following supporting documents are mandatory and must be provided with your application:
• Employer approval letter
• Research proposal (for research students)
• Certified copies of degree certificates
• Certified copies of academic transcripts
• Proof of citizenship (birth certificate)
• Identity document (passport)
• Referee report from collaborating country project leader
In addition, you may provide documents that might assist the application:
• Certified copy of evidence of prizes and awards. Where they are not in English, please provide an English translation.
• IELTS or TOEFL results
• Statement of university that English is the language of instruction
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• List of publications (if applicable)
• Any other relevant documents
>>> Detailed information of the program
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than July 11, 2016.