University Leadership and Management Training Programme (UNILEAD) is an English speaking programme of Continuing Education Management at the Carl von Ossietzky University in Oldenburg (Germany) and was developed in cooperation with the DAAD and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (Port Elizabeth, South Africa). It is part of DAAD‘s DIES programme and has been carried out at the University of ldenburg since the year 2008. Lately UNILEAD is also performed in Colombia, Egypt, Vietnam, and South East Asia.
UNILEAD is designed as a project focused programme. It aims at fostering innovative projects within the area of organisational development and Human Resource Management in institutions of higher education and related institutions in developing countries. It focuses on successful Project Management in the educational sector. The participants acquire techniques and methods which enable them to effectively and efficiently organise institutional management in their home institutions.
• Project Management (PM)
Methods and tools to initiate projects, Project Planning and Implementation, Dealing with challenges, Quality Assurance
• Financing&Investment (F&I)
Development, Calculation, and Interpretation of financial plans, apply procedures of Financing and Investment
• Human Resource Management (HRM)
Areas of operation, tasks and goals of HR Development including Communication, Motivation, Leadership
• Applicants have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities for at least two years in one of the following fields:
o Managers of central university departments (Planning, Quality Management, Human Resources, Continuing Education, International Offices, etc.).
o Task force managers for university reform projects.
o Managers of staff development units or programmes.
• Active and excellent English language skills (speaking and writing) are indispensable.
Further criteria are:
• Applicants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years.
• Applicants hold at least a Master’s degree.
• The provision of international experience will be an asset.
Following information and documents are requirements for an application:
- Letter of Motivation including date and signature
- Letter of recommendation from university top management including date and signature where the managerial qualifications and leadership competencies and the future potential of the candidate are briefly described
- Proof of excellent English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official academic transcript
Phone interviews will be organised with short listed candidates to guarantee the requested proficiency.
The costs for the UNILEAD programme will be mainly covered by funds of the DAAD provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
During the presence phases the participants will be guests of the University of Oldenburg. Following expenses will be covered:
• Travel costs: Flight to and from Germany and ground travel to and from Oldenburg. We kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangement – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
• Course costs: 5.500 €.
• Accommodation and joint meals at the two contact phases in Germany.
• Partial allowance for subsistence costs during the contact phases in Germany (according to DAAD regulations).
• Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
Expected co-funding: Participants’ home institutions are expected to cover local transportation in their home countries, visa costs and possible additional per diems for the stay in Germany. Furthermore, they are expected to contribute to the costs by paying a one-time fee of 300,00 €.
Further details on terms and conditions will be given to the admitted applicants together with the invitation letter.
Please send all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 05th October 2015.