The Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking Programme at NanyangTechnological University (TF LEaRN at NTU) is funded by Temasek Foundation. The goal of this scholarship programme (TF LEaRN @ NTU) is to build bridges among student leaders in Asia, with an aim to achieve the
1. Develop a global mindset by acquiring a better appreciation of another culture, lifestyle, language,and enriching their leadership skills.
2. Form a sustained network amongst regional LEaRN participants.
3. Work together towards regional connection and development of Asia.
4. Build capability and learn whilst involved in the immersion programme TF LEaRN @ NTU serves to provide a total experiential learning platform for the talented young leaders of the future from Asia, an opportunity to immerse a semester at NTU.
The total experiential learning platform is achieved through the amalgamation of semester course work, community service learning, cultural exchange activities, projects and host family experience in Singapore.
Asian undergraduate students selected to participate in TF LEaRN @ NTU will develop a strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence, gain a global mindset with sustained network of friends for regional networking among the development of Asia.
50 selected Asian undergraduate students will be offered to study a semester at NTU with tuition and living expenses covered.
1. Each TF LEaRN @ NTU grant is tenable for an academic semester only or up to 6 months at NTU in Singapore.
2. Each TF LEaRN @ NTU grant (up to S$6,500) is aimed at subsidising the TF LEaRN Scholar’s airfare, accommodation, living expenses (including books and transport), and programme fees. It shall cover the following:
- Economy Class air ticket subsidy of up to S$1,000 (applicable for travel from home country to Singapore and back)
- On-Campus Accommodation Fee
- Living cost of S$2,250 (2 disbursements – August & End October)
- Programme Fees (e.g. tuition fees, activities, projects, etc.)NTU on-campus accommodation is guaranteed for all LEaRN recipients from partner universities in Asia.
Eligibility and Requirement
- Applicants must be a full-time Undergraduate student in one of NTU exchange partner institutions.
- Have completed 2 semesters of study at home university, with proof of results.
- Semester Course Work: Students must take a minimum of 12 AUs (approx. 3 to 4 examinable courses) and maximum 20 AUs (approx. 4 to 5 examinable courses). Students are not allowed to audit any subjects when here on the programme. They should also aim to excel in the courses chosen.
- TF LEaRN @ NTU Events & Activities: LEaRN scholars are to participate in ALL activities such as the Orientation, Singapore Tour, Networking Session and Farewell Event organised throughout the semester.
- Reflections and Journal Reports: LEaRN scholars are required to periodically write down their reflections as well as to produce a journal with photos of 1,500-2,000 words at the end of the TF LEaRN @ NTU on their Singapore immersion, community service learning, projects and host family experiences.
- Community Service Learning: Apart from the semester course work at NTU, each LEaRN scholars are required to spend a minimum of 15 hours on community service during the semester.
- LEaRN Mentor Programme: Each LEaRN scholar will be paired with a NTU faculty mentor to gain a lifetime of international understanding coupled with a holistic experience of living and studying in Singapore. LEaRN scholars are strongly encouraged to continue to be engaged with their mentors and fellow LEaRN scholars following the end of TF LEaRN @ NTU programme.
- LEaRN Projects : To hone their leadership and project management skills, LEaRN Scholars will be divided into 3 core project teams, to work on projects such as the Memoir, Video and the Farewell event. Each team will work on their respective projects to conceptualise, plan and execute with guidance from NTU’s Office of Global Education & Mobility.
- Temasek Learning Journey: LEaRN scholars must be prepared to attend a 1-day programme to learn more about the work of Temasek Foundation and the Temasek group of companies. The latter include visits to flagship Singapore companies such as Singapore Power, Singapore Airlines, and CapitaLand etc.
- International Leadership Forum: LEaRN scholars are required to participate in the 1-day TF LEaRN International Leadership Forum. This forum brings together inbound and outbound scholars to present their views around a chosen theme and gives them the opportunity to network and exchange views and ideas with industry professionals around the theme.
- TF LEaRN Sharing Sessions: After the TF LEaRN @ NTU Programme, LEaRN scholars must be prepared to:
– share their LEaRN experiences through seminars, blogs, university websites, presentations at their home university and country
– stay in touch with their fellow scholars and mentors
– periodically complete online surveys regarding their progress and development (Dec 2016, June 2017 and Dec 2017)
1. Choice of at least 10 undergraduate courses for NTU School’s review.
2. Scanned copy of the latest official transcript (signed by the Registrar and includes home university’s seal) in English, reflecting all courses taken in PDF format (<600kb).
3. Clear, coloured passport-size photo in JPEG format (<60kb; 400(W) x 514(H) pixels) Click here for the photo guidelines.
4. Scanned copy of passport information page in JPEG format (<200kb)
5. Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) in PDF format (<600kb)
6. Proof of English proficiency :
- General Paper of the Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level Examination: A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6
- IELTS: a minimum of 6 for the Writing sub-test
- TOEFL: a minimum of 570 (paper) or 90 (internet) or 237 (computer)
- SAT1: a minimum of 600 for the Verbal section; or 7 for the Essay section
- IB: a minimum of 6 for Higher level English
- MUET: Band 6 and a minimum of 50 for writing
8. A 200-word letter written by the applicant on why he/she deserves to be part of the LEaRN programme. (Please list the leadership roles that you are currently undertaking, including involvement in any form of Social Community Services.)
9. A Recommendation Letter from faculty and an outline of the nominee’s accomplishments.
Please send 3 copies (2 hard copy and 1 soft copy in the CD) of all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than March, 8th 2016