Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) was established in 1954. In addition to its focus on the theory and practice of foreign languages, HUFS also encourages students to use the language skills that they have acquired to study the politics, economy, society and culture of each region of the world. HUFS is a specialized university that educates students to become creative experts, international Koreans, and independent researchers who will contribute to the development and exchange of culture.
HUFS is a coeducational university with around 15,000 students in 51 departments within 15 colleges. HUFS has educational exchange ties with 465 universities in 80 countries worldwide.
HUFS is the birthplace of foreign language education in Korea and teaches 45 major languages of Asia, the Middle East, and other major regions of the world. HUFS graduates now play vital roles in international trade and diplomatic affairs.
• 1 brief essay of personal history and plan of study
• Official Academic Transcript (in English)
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Passport Photo (2 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color)
• Copy of passport
• Dorm Application Form
• Health examination form (Dorm applicants only)
• Curriculum Vitae
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• Letter of Recommendation from Academic Supervisor
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue register to HUFS as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from HUFS.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 12, 2016.