[This program is self-funded]
The origins of Kokushikan University lie in the Kokushikan private academy, founded in Tokyo’s Azabu district in 1917, midway through Japan’s turbulent Taisho period. Founder Tokujiro Shibata and his young colleagues envisaged that this academy would cultivate competent individuals endowed with wisdom and courage. Kokushikan, which has already produced over 146,000 graduates active in all spheres of society, will be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2017.
University prospectus: http://www.kokushikan.ac.jp/research/IC/book/html5.html#page=1
Before you apply, please read carefully the application guide. All materials can be downloaded here: 2018Student Exchange Application(for one student)
• Application Form
• Study Plan
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Japanese Language proficiency (*if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kokushikan University. as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kokushikan University.