The United Board for Christian Higher Education in Asia is pleased to invite applications for its 2017-2018 Faculty Scholarship Program.
The Faculty Scholarship Program supports promising young faculty from selected United Board network universities in pursuing advanced degree study, taught in English in an Asian country outside their own. These scholarships help developing colleges and universities nurture junior faculty members and advance whole person education. They support individuals instrengthening their academic qualifications and enhancing their teaching, and they also foster academic networks among Asian universities.
We encourage institutions, which have the need to upgrade their teaching faculty and a plan for faculty development, to identify candidates for this opportunity. Each institution can nominate up to three candidates for the Faculty Scholarship Program. More details on institutional eligibility can be found in the guidelines.
Applicants must be currently employed by a university in theUnited Board network in Asia, below the age of 40 at the time of application, and committed to return to their home institutions after completing their degree programs. Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2-3 years of teaching experience and service at their home institutions. Selected candidates may receive scholarship awards of up to US$10,000per year, for a maximum of four years’ support for doctoral studies and up to two years for master’s degree programs, pending satisfactory progress.
United Board Faculty Scholarship candidates should:
- be currently employed at an eligible college or university in the United Board network;
- have a record of academic excellence, and show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement in teaching;
- be under 40 years of age at the time of application;
- be committed to return to their home institutions after completion of the degree;
- have at least 2-3 years of teaching experience and service at their home institutions. All academic disciplines are eligible;
- be proficient in English (TOEFL/IELTS/GRE results may be required by some host institutions, and candidates must have their scores ready by the time of application). Each institution can recommend up to three candidates. Application Summary The deadline for the scholarship application is October 15, 2016 for candidates seeking admissions for July/August/September 2017 entry. Applicants should research university websites for the programs, admission requirements, TOEFL, IELTS or GRE exams if required, and information on tuition and living costs, prior to applying for the United Board Faculty Scholarship. A list of United Board network institutions and approved institutions with English-medium degree programs can be found on the Faculty Scholarship Program webpage. Candidates should refer to the list when declaring choices of institutions and degree programs.
For more information about this program please check their website: https://unitedboard.org/programs/faculty-development/faculty-scholarship-program/
- Application Form Application-Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certification of employment;
- Transcript of Prior Post-Secondary Academic Study
- Personal Statement
- Three Reference Letters :
- A letter of approval from the Head of Institution indicating that, if the scholarship is approved by the United Board and the host university, a leave of absence will be granted for the period of study and a position will be held for the scholar upon return; Sample Endorsement Letter 2017-2018
- An academic reference from a faculty member who knows the applicant’s work;
- A professional reference from a supervisor or colleague at the home institution regarding the applicant’s teaching and/or administrative performance.
- Two copies of passport-size pictures of the applicant
- Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good physical and mental health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
- Copy of passport
- Letter of recommendation from faculty
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): score of 550 for paper-based and 213 for computer-based or IELTS results (6.0).
Please send 2 copies of all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than : 3 October 2016.