[This program is self-funded]
International Summer Programme in Architecture: Cities in Asia is a three-week credit-bearing course organized by the HKU Department of Architecture since 2010. It is a design and research studio that travels to multiple cities in Asia. Students would study the effects of industry, manufacturing and other forms of production, and their adjacency to requisite urban functions such as housing and commerce.
For further information about the other program, please go to: http://www.aal.hku.hk/summerinstitute/
The programme welcomes international students from any allied fields in architecture, landscape, urban planning, urban design, engineering, and liberal arts majors and minors in design or urban studies. Please find below some details about the programme:
|Full Programme||Single-city Programme|
|Programme Date:||June 22 – July 12, 2017||June 22 – July 1, 2017 (Ho Chi Minh City)
July 3 – 12, 2017 (Singapore)
|Programme Fee:||HKD $16,270 / USD $2,100||HKD $9,760 / USD $1,260|
|Credits:||9 credits||Non-credit bearing|
|Location:||Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore||Ho Chi Minh City or Singapore|
|Programme Fee included:||• Programme Series
• Local Transportation
• Local costs associated with study facilities, printing, handbooks, maps, entry fees to museums, visits to sites, coaches and local travel.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application to Hong Kong University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Hong Kong University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 23, 2017.