[Scholarship is offered for this program]
The Korean Government invites outstanding students who are majoring in the fields of science and engineering at the universities and colleges of the 10 ASEAN countries. This training program is designed to provide students with an in-depth academic training in the science and engineering fields and invaluable experience in Korea. This program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and further friendship between Korea and their home country. Students who are interested in this training program are welcome to apply.
Program brochure: 2017 GKS ASEAN Countries Science and Engineering Students (Application Guide)
For further information, please go to: oia.cau.ac.kr
DATE & ELIGIBILITY
- Title : 2017 GKS for ASEAN countries’ SCIence and ENgineering Students
- Period : July 10th (Monday) ~ August 11th (Friday) 2017 (5 weeks)
- Number of participants : 24 undergraduate students in total
- Host organization : National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea
- Be a citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countri
- Be enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in science or engineering in the university/college located in one of the 10 designated ASEAN countries
- Be fluent in English * Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
- Training Institutions and Training Fields: Electrical and Electronics Engineering(Main topics are Microwave, Communication & Electric Energy).
|Orientation||Introduction to the overall program
Networking with participants
|Lectures||Specific field of study
Korean language, history and culture
|Experiment at the
|Conduct specific research projects along with mentoring
from Korean graduate students
|Field Trip||Related laboratories, research institutes and/or industrial sites
Cultural or historical sites
|Closing||Presentation of research results
Awards to the outstanding performances
Formation of Alumni network
※Specific programs will vary according to the training institution.
- The program will be offered in English.
- Students will stay in university dormitories (2 persons per room, mostly Korean food will be provided).
- The program staff will be with students during the whole program.
- All lectures/events for this program will be mandatory. Participation during the weekend may be required.
- It is desirable that students make efforts to understand Korean language, education, culture and etc. by visiting our website (www.studyinkorea.go.kr) before their arrival in Korea.
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
• Application Form 2017 Application form for GKS ASEAN Science Engineering
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Korean language proficiency (*if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Chung-Ang University as for host university selection.
4) If you pass the document screening, you will be invited for an interview from your application office. Interviews will be conducted by either Skype or phone.
5) FINAL decision from Chung-Ang University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than April 18, 2017.