[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Meiji University was born as a site for learning and education. Continuing its growth without ever ceasing to ring the chimes of liberty, Meiji University has expanded as one of the prominent private universities of Japan, celebrating its 130th anniversary in 2011. With Rights, Liberty, Independence and Self-government as its guiding principles, Meiji University is committed to fostering students who satisfy the requirements of “austerity and sturdiness”, “creation of new intellect” and “needs of the times”. Having sent out more than 520,000 graduates into the world to date, it has contributed vastly to the progress of society. The achievements of the university’s numerous alumni actively engaged in key roles in various walks of life are highly reputed.
Application for the fall 2017 exchange student program is opened now!
For further information, please go to: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/prospective/exchange.html
September 20, 2017 – February 3, 2018 (one semester only)
September 20, 2017 – July 31, 2018 (one year) End of spring semester is subject to change.
Course and fact sheet about Meiji University Exchange Program 2017: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/prospective/co7mm90000000461-att/co7mm900000004fa.pdf
<Application for COE>
JASSO will make the final decision of scholar around the end of August 2017.
To apply for COE (a college student visa) in March 2017, students must ensure and demonstrate their own funds for their expenses while in Japan without JASSO scholarship since JASSO scholarship is not granted to any students at the time of COE application.
Application Guidelines: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/prospective/co7mm90000000461-att/co7mm900000004d1.pdf
1. Complete all required documents: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/prospective/exchange.html
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Motivation Letter
4. Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
5. TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants who wish to study at schools which offer academic classes in English)
The score of TOEFL, IELTS that they took in September 2014 or later will be valid for the application. Applicants are required to take the test BEFORE application. Copy of the official score MUST be prepared to upload to the online application.
To avoid disappointment, please be mindful and ensure that you meet the language requirement. For the requirement of each school, please refer to page 7-8 of Application Guidelines.
6. JLPT N1: passed before or N2, N3, N4: passed in either 2015 or 2016 ( for applicants who wish to study at schools which offer academic classes in Japanese. Applicants to English track are NOT required to take the test.)
Applicants to schools which offer academic classes in Japanese and cannot submit a valid JLPT certificate are requested to take Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test. Meiji University will send the information about the test to exchange student program coordinator via email as soon as we confirm the online application.
Meiji University Japanese Language Online Test dates: January 19 – March 2, 2017
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Meiji University and you may continue online registration as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Meiji University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 15, 2017.