[This program is self-funded]
This 3 week summer program is designed for students who are interested in Japan, but have not yet studied Japanese. Students will study about Japanese culture, history and society through a variety of lectures conducted in English and in field trips to historic sites and museums. Students will also experience collaborative research, discussions and presentations with SWU students in Cross-Cultural Workshops.
Female undergraduate or graduate university students
Japan Studies, Cross-cultural Workshop
National Olympics Memorial Youth Center
Registration Fee : 300 USD
Program Fee : 1700 USD
Accomodation Fee : 700 USD
*) Fees NOT included airfare, transport to/from airport, food expenses, travel and medical insurance, transportation fees outside program, other personal expenses.
• Motivation Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (2 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Showa Women’s University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Showa Women’s University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 20, 2017.