[Scholarship is offered for this program]
This program is designed for students from the institutions that have an exchange agreement with Kanazawa University who intend to study at Kanazawa University for one year. It aims to provide students from overseas with an opportunity to improve their proficiency in Japanese language and to deepen their understanding of Japanese culture and society.
For further information, please visit: http://www-isc.ge.kanazawa-u.ac.jp/eg/news/000060.html
1. as undergraduate students (junior or senior) majoring in Japanese language or Japanese culture at the time of arriving in and leaving Japan
2. A level equal to that of Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level N2 is required.
1) Monthly Allowance: 117,000 yen
The scholarship will be paid to each recipient from October 2017 to August 2018. The scholarship is cancelled in principle if the recipient is absent from the university for an extended period.
2) Travel allowance: round-trip air ticket to and from Japan
(Scholarship recipients must depart from and return to the country of their nationality. The return ticket will be given to only those who will leave Japan until the end of August, 2018.)
3) Tuition fees: to be waived
1) Application for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship
(Before filling in, please print two pages on one sheet, i.e. p.1 on one side and p.2 on the other side / p.3 on one side and p.4 on the other side. Please fill it out as much as possible in Japanese.)
2) Essay: Written by the applicant in only Japanese (about 800~1000 letters) with the theme “The outline of the research plan in Japan”「日本で研究してみたいテーマ」
3) Photographs (4 clear copies (4.5×3.5cm); upper front figure without a hat; taken within the past 6 months) Nationality and name must be indicated on the reverse side. One of the photographs should be pasted on the application form. )
4) Certificate of Enrollment issued by the applicant’s home institution
5) Official transcript (academic record) issued by the applicant’s home institution
(In case the academic record is not in a 100 point scale, please indicate a record of evaluation in a 100 point scale. Also, please mark (put a check(✓)) the subjects concerning Japanese and Japanese culture.)
6) Recommendation [prescribed form] from the university president or dean of the applicant’s home institution addressed to the President of Kanazawa University
7) Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (If unavailable at the time of application, please submit a photocopy of the birth certificate or the certificate of citizenship in the applicant’s home country along with a translation in Japanese or English.)
8) Pledge [prescribed form]
9) Photocopy of the Certificate of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test and the result sheet
(For those who hold the certificate of the test Level 1, 2 or N1, N2 only.)
10) Certificate of health [prescribed form]
11) Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
12) Motivation Letter
Application Package: https://simpan.ugm.ac.id/s/G4LE8SfqrdwxCVX
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kanazawa University for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Kanazawa University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 13, 2017.