Nishimura International Scholarship Fund from Nishimura Foundation has come again to help you reach your dream to take higher education in Japan! This scholarship is offered for Undergraduate (S1), Postgraduate (S2), and Master degree (S3) in Kyoto University, Osaka University, Ritsumeikan University, and Kwansei Gakuin University and the universities that have a partnership with them.
- Interested in pursuing undergraduate (S1), master’s (S2), or doctoral (S3) education at specific universities in Japan, namely Kobe University, Osaka University, Kyoto University, Ritsumeikan University, and Kwansei Gakuin.
- Students who are self-financing their studies at Kobe University, Osaka University, Kyoto University, Ritsumeikan University, or Kwansei Gakuin. Individuals pursuing online studies from Indonesia at these universities are not eligible for this scholarship (except those residing in Osaka).
- Students who personally struggle financially or are deemed unable to cover their living expenses during their studies in Japan.
- Minimum academic performance indices of 3.0 for undergraduate (S1) and 3.5 for master’s (S2) programs.
- Students with proficiency in the Japanese language or a strong motivation to learn Japanese before departing for Japan.
- Students with an interest in Japanese culture and society and a desire to contribute to strengthening the relationship between Indonesia and Japan.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal in either English or Japanese
- Motivation letter in either English or Japanese
- A copy of the academic transcript and diploma/ master degree certificate (legalized)
- English/Japanese proficiency certificate
- Letter of recommendation from a lecturer or faculty and Office of International Affairs
- Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from your preferred university.
- Letter of recommendation from Academic Advisor/Head of Program/Dean of Faculty
- OIA UGM: 15 November 2023 (for university recommendation)
- Nishimura Foundation: 15 December 2023
- Scholarship allowance of 120,000 yen per month for living expenses.
- Scholarship duration: 2 years for Master’s (S2), 3 years for Ph.D. (S3).
- Upon arrival in Japan, based on the recommendation of their Japanese university, scholarship recipients will receive a one-time payment of 150,000 yen as compensation for round-trip airfare and initial living expenses in Japan.
- Although eligible for this scholarship, if not accepted by the specified Japanese university mentioned above, the scholarship will be canceled.
- The scholarship will be disbursed every 3 months.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no longer than the preferred deadline for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Nishimura Foundation and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from Nishimura Foundation
If you have any questions regarding this program, you can contact us in OIA’s office hour:
- Email: email@example.com
- Virtual consultation: http://ugm.id/OIAAppointment