Warm greetings from Hokkaido University!
Founded in 1876 as Sapporo Agricultural College, Hokkaido University is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious universities in Japan. The University also has one of Japan’s most beautiful campuses. Green spaces, forests, and creeks are spread throughout its campuses located in the cities of Sapporo and Hakodate, which experience distinct seasonal changes throughout the year. The university offers diverse degree programs for international students and places great emphasis on research in the sciences and humanities. It also houses cutting-edge research facilities, a university hospital, and a wide variety of field research centers.
We are very glad to inform you that the Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship for 2023 is now open for one international student from Universitas Gadjah Mada. Self-supported international students with excellent academic records as well as a strong interest in Hokkaido University and in Japanese culture are eligible to apply.
Application details are outlined in the attached guideline. (download)
- Application form (download)
- A consent letter, written by the prospective supervisor (download)
- Official academic transcript (*for a doctoral degree, both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted)
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor at UGM (*no set form)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Colored copy of passport
- Official candidacy announcement from your university’s president to the President of Hokkaido University (will be provided by OIA)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM for internal review through the link: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than December 23, 2022.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as a Nominated Applicant, OIA will send your nomination to Asia University for host-university selection and you may proceed to the online application.
- THE FINAL decision is from Hokkaido University.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)