Warm greetings from Kyung Hee University, Seoul!
Kyung Hee University was established in 1949. Kyung Hee has, since its foundation, pursued a spirit of “Scholarship and Peace.” The University has developed considerably during the last 67 years, helping fulfill a “cultural world for humanity” as leader of the future of scholarship science and creator of shared values for humanity. In the past five years in particular, the stature of the university has increased significantly through forward-looking and adventurous activities in education, research, public service, and practice.
Kyung Hee University is preparing for another step towards a new paradigm for the future development of universities with the 70th anniversary of 2019. It reflects on the University’s fundamental mission and sets out new vision and objectives to become a true university of the future. Kyung Hee University has become an internationally renowned and international research, education, and practice center with its new conception that transcends the traditional notion of the university as a purely physical location and the limitations of an exclusive academy. Kyung Hee University is an academic community that fulfills its social responsibility by cultivating world citizens with communication and public service skills and by pursuing “global Eminence” on a foundation of academic excellence.
- Korean track (Proficiency document submission is required) TOPIK(Korean Language Proficiency Test) Level 3 or higher(Level 4 for Management School) OR Korean major students: Students with a recommendation letter from the Dean of Korean Language Department(Sophomore or higher)
- English track (Proficiency document submission is not required) TOEFL IBT 82 / IELTS 6.5 or higher recommended
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 79 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Full-size colour copy of Passport(including the signature page)
- Passport Photo(3.5×4.5, coloured, scanned in white background)
- Official Bank Statement(English) – The bank account should be open at least 6 months prior to document submission – The account should have at least 5,000 USD per term, 9,000 USD or higher per year(Parents’ account accepted with proof of family relations document) – The original copy must be sent to the OIA via post mail(TBA)
- Insurance Certificate(English) – Should cover travel(in/out) and at least 2 months of arrival
- Certificate of Enrolment(English) – Should either be apostilled or the Korean embassy authenticated – The original copy must be sent to the OIA via post mail, TBA)
- Official Academic Transcript(English)
- KHU Form 4: Consents on Medical Records Release and Personal Information Usage(TBP)
- Valid TB Test Result(No specific form) – TB Test Result is only valid for 3 months from the test date
- Letter of Recommendation(No specific form)
- Korean Language Proficiency Document(Korean Track only)
- Submit all documents to http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication, before October 31, 2022.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Kyung Hee University and you may proceed to the online application
- THE FINAL decision from Kyung Hee University
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)