Greetings from Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea!
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is the birthplace of foreign language education in Korea and teaches 45 languages of Asia, the Middle East, and other major regions of the world. HUFS is a specialized university that educates students to become creative experts, international Koreans, and independent researchers who will contribute to the development and exchange of culture.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for HUFS Student Exchange Program Spring 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Please check the link below for more detailed information.
- 2nd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Be proficient in English/Korean
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Enrollment at home university
- Printed Version of Online Application Form (after nominated)
- A brief essay of personal history and plan of study
- Official Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Certificate (Min. score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Korean Language Proficiency (for applicants who apply programs taught in Korean. Min. score TOPIK 3+ KLAT 150+ (B2))
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- Dorm application form (after nominated)
- Health examination form for dorm applicants (after nominated)
- One color photo (3 x 4 cm, white background)
- Financial statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no longer than October 15th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and you may proceed to the online application.
- THE FINAL decision is from Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of outgoing mobility for fall/odd semester in AY 2020/2021 will be processed but the implementation/execution will carefully consider the latest development of COVID-19 and government’s regulation.