Warm greetings from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) in Beppu, Japan!
Established in April 2000, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) stands strong with its vision to create global leaders across all fields and industries. This vision roots in their fundamental principles of freedom, peace, humanity, and international mutual understanding. With its uniqueness as a global university with a high population of international students (46% among the student body), you will have a whole new multicultural and multilingual learning experience.
We are pleased to inform you that the application for Ritsumeikan APU Student Exchange Program for Spring 2023 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. For more detailed information please refer to the links below.
- Undergraduate students (S1), 3rd – 6th semester
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79, IELTS 6.0, TOEIC L&R 780, PTE Academic 50, or Cambridge English FCE 176
- For students who wish to take courses offered in Japanese, students must submit an official certificate of JLPT Level N1 (100 points or above), JLPT Level N2 (135 points or above), EJU-Japanese (250 points or above), or official university letter verifying the applicant’s Japanese proficiency
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript record (issued in English)
- Study Plan
- A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
- Language Proficiency Certificate (depends on what program you’ll enroll in)
- Copy of passport photo identification page
- ID photo (check the requirements here)
- Financial Proof of Funds (Certificate of Deposit Balance issued by Bank, Scholarship Letter, etc)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than October 10th, 2022 for internal review. Please keep the hard file documents with you.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicant, OIA will confirm your official nomination to Ritsumeikan APU and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision is from Ritsumeikan APU.
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)