Warm greetings from Wakayama University!
Wakayama University was founded in May 1949 as a new type of university with the goal and mission of “undertaking research and education in highly specialized academic fields, primarily in academia and culture, in accordance with the spirit of the Fundamental Law of Education and the School Education Law, in order to foster individuals who will contribute to society.”
The University was formed by the merger of three educational institutions, each with a long history and traditions of its own: Wakayama Normal School, Wakayama Normal School for Youth, and Wakayama Technical School of Economics. Initially, there were two faculties: the Faculty of Liberal Arts (now the Faculty of Education) and the Faculty of Science.
Wakayama University is offering an online Summer Program to students from our partner universities this summer. This communicative course is designed for learners who want to study Japanese culture and Japanese survival skills for everyday use. This program offers intensive Japanese language, tourism and culture lessons and is delivered via Zoom video conferencing software. (Recorded videos will be available after the lessons.
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Official Academic Transcript
- Study Plan for the Exchange Semester
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Passport-size photo (3 x 4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than July 15th, 2022 for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your official nomination to Wakayama University and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Wakayama University
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)