Greetings from Kasetsart University, Thailand!
Kasetsart University, also known as Kaset or KU, is a public research university in Bangkok, Thailand. It is Thailand’s largest university, and it was Thailand’s first agricultural university and the country’s third oldest. It was founded on February 2, 1943, to promote agricultural science subjects. Kasetsart University’s subject areas have since expanded to include life sciences, engineering, social sciences, and humanities. The main campus of Kasetsart University is located in Bangkhen, northern Bangkok, and the university has several other campuses throughout Thailand.
Kasetsart University is pleased to offer “One Semester Scholarship Program for ASEAN+6 Students: In Celebration of the 80th Anniversary of Kasetsart University (KU OSSPAS)” scholarships for exchange students from partner universities in ASEAN+6 countries for one semester. The program aims to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Kasetsart University foundation in 2023. The University provides a total of 80 mobility scholarships among our ASEAN+6 friends; which application period starts from the academic year 2022-2023
- be enrolled at their home institution in a degree program at the time of application and for the duration of their studies at Kasetsart University
- have successfully completed at least one year of degree studies at their home university
- have good English proficiency (generally, 5.5 IELTS or equivalent)
- be in good health, physically and mentally, with the capacity to live and study abroad
- demonstrate a strong interest in living in Thailand and be ready to accept Thailand’s culture, which may differ from their home environment
- have sufficient financial resources to cover all of their personal costs of living for the duration of their studies at KU, including course materials or books, transportation, visa fees, accommodations, medical and health insurance, food, and any other fees or personal living expenses.
- Photocopy of your passport (photo page/ personal information pages)
- Scanned copy of your Official Transcript (Academic Record) of your current degree studies, including the degree name and level of your degree program
- Nomination Letter from your home university (provided by OIA UGM after the internal review)
- If not a native English speaker, proof of English proficiency test or other assessment (may be provided in the Partner’s Nomination Letter)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
More Information: https://iad.intaff.ku.ac.th/portal/iad/news_view.php?lang=en&ku_url=MTIy
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form:http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than May 12, 2022, for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your official nomination to Kasetsart University, and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Kasetsart University.
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depending on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation.
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc to email@example.com)
- If you have any questions regarding this outgoing program, you can contact us during OIA’s office hours:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sync consultation: http://ugm.id/AppointmentOIA