Warm greetings from University of Tsukuba, Japan!
The University of Tsukuba was established in October 1973, due to the relocation of its antecedent, the Tokyo University of Education, to the Tsukuba area. The university reform plays a major role in continuing efforts for improvement of Tsukuba University itself. Tsukuba University has been striving to create a unique, active, and internationally competitive university with superlative education and research facilities. As of 2014, Tsukuba University has 28 college clusters and schools with around 16,500 students. The main Tsukuba campus covers an area of 258 hectares (636 acres), making it the second-largest single campus in Japan.
We are pleased to inform you that University of Tsukuba Student Exchange Program for Spring 2022 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Please check the updated information from the following webpage:
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Be proficient in Japanese, proven by JLPT certificate. If you wish to join the College of Japanese Language and Culture, JLPT N1 or N2 is required.
- Formal Letter of Request for Admission (download sample here)
- Official Transcript of Academic Records
- Official Certificate of Enrollment
- Copy of Passport
- JLPT Certificate of Result and Score (if you have any)
- Certificate of Your Staying in Japan (Only if you have experience staying in Japan for purposes other than tourism. e.g. summer program, working holiday.)
- ID Photo (download example here)
- Bank Balance Certificate (Student’s own bank account) and/or Certificate of Scholarship/Student Loan. You need to prove that you have following amount of money or more: 1 Year Exchange―960,000 JPY; 1 Semester Exchange―480,000 JPY.
- Nomination/Recommendation Letter from an academic supervisor
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to UGM International Exposure Application Form: http://ugm.id/IntExposureApplication no later than no later than 25 October 2021 for internal review. No need to send the original copy.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application. Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will confirm your official nomination to University of Tsukuba and you may proceed to the online application.
- The FINAL decision from the University of Tsukuba.
- The implementation/execution of this program will be carefully reconsidered depends on the latest development of COVID-19 and the government’s regulation
- In the meantime, the students are required to keep the hard file of all documents until further notice by the Office of International Affairs.
- In case the faculty could not provide the letter of enrollment and nomination during this period, the official nomination through email from the faculty is acceptable. The official nomination could be delivered to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org)