[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Fukuoka Women’s University is offering its short-term study abroad program to ambitious international female students focusing on Japanese culture from September, 2018 to August, 2019.
The WJC program was established in 2010 as a milestone in the Fukuoka Women’s University’s internationalization effort. The program grants participants from each partner university a scholarship. Based on the availability of student positions and the number of applications from partner universities, a total of 25 to 30 students will be selected as participants. Only female students are eligible for WJC.
It is desirable (and important for us to maintain diversity of a student body) that applicants come from various academic fields, such as liberal arts, social sciences and natural sciences as well as Japanese studies majors.
>>> 01_General Information_WJC_Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
>>> 06_Course Abstract_WJC_Fall 2018_tentative
>>> 07_Course Abstract_WJC_Spring 2019_tentative
WJC PROGRAM SCHEDULE
• Amount of scholarship (limited number of students)
80,000 JPY per month
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXCHANGE STUDENTS
• TOEFL iBT (Over 61), TOEIC (Over 600) and IELTs (Over 5.0)
• Total GPA : Over 3.0/4.0
* If academic transcript does not show the student’s GPA, an additional letter is required stating the student’s grade equal a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or more.
• JLPT N2 or higher equivalent will be required for the student who will choose JLC. *No Japanese requirements for JSC) and JCC) students.
• Application Form 02_Application Form_WJC_Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
• Official academic transcript (proof of GPA 3.0 of 4.0)
• Two letters of Recommendation from academic advisors
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEIC 600, iBT 61 or IELTS 5.0)
• Japanese language proficiency (Min. Score of JLPT N2/N3 or CEFR A2/B1) or Proof of your Japanese equivalent by teachers.
*only for JLC applicants
• Letter of Enrollment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter (essay)
• Independent Study Project (ISP) proposal sheet (Type written) 03_Indipendent Study Project Proposal Sheet_WJC_Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
*sample of ISP 04_Sample_Indipendent Study Project Proposal Sheet_WJC_Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
• Certificate of Health 05_Certificate of Health_WJC_Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
• Colored copy of passport
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to FWU as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from FWU.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than January 30, 2018.