Scholarships by Sirindhorn Technology Scholarship Fund are available for excellent students from reputable universities of any foreign country to study in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (SIIT), Thammasat University, Thailand. The scholarships are made
available for the following fields of study:
- Biochemical Engineering/ Biochemistry
- Environmental Engineering/ Science/ Technology/ Management
- Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry
- Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Engineering/ Science
- Logistics and Supply Chain Systems Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Management Technology
- Energy Technology/ Management
- Materials Engineering/ Science/ Technology
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical Engineering
Number of Scholarships: 40 continuing Scholarships
For prospective students in the academic semester 1/2016 (August, 2016)
– Master’s degree (2-year curriculum)
– Doctoral degree (3-year curriculum)
- Full tuition and educational support fees (full thesis support)
- Living allowance of 10,500 Baht per month.
- Round trip economy travel expenses, the most direct route to and from Thailand and the recipient’s home country (actual expense, but not over 20,000 Baht)
- Miscellaneous expenses such as visa fees, airport taxes, etc. (actual expenses,but not over 10,000 Baht)
- Health and accident insurance during the period of scholarship in Thailand
* Scholarship recipients are required to stay at the SIIT dormitory for a period of at least 12 months.
- Not a Thai citizen, nor of Thai nationality.
- Excellent academic record (preferably ranked within the top 20 percent of the class)
- Meet qualifications of SIIT graduate programs admission.
- Two strong recommendation letters (at least one recommendation letter must comes from academic instructor/advisor)
- Have good health and good conduct.
- Must not be a recipient of another type of scholarship.
Conditions to Continue the Scholarship:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of not less than 3.25 with no “F”, “U”, or “W” grades.
- Make good progress in his/her master thesis/doctoral dissertation and report his/her progress every semester.
- Assist in the Institute’s work for 30 hours per semester, primarily focused on laboratory supervision or tutoring courses for at least 6 hours, and the rest will be examination proctoring duty.
- At least one page of a statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A Copy of Official Bachelor’s Degree (At least GPA 2.75) transcript for Master’s Degree application
- A Copy of Official Master’s Degree (At least GPA 3.50) transcript for Ph.D Degree application
- A copy of the following certificates of English proficiency : TOEFL PBT 400+, CBT 90+, IBT 32+, IELTS 4.5+ or TU-GET 400+, TOEIC 500+
- Two letters of recommendation (At least one from Academic advisor of Bachelor an/or Master’s program ) [ Download –>Letter_of_Recommendation ]
- A recent photograph (1″x1.5″ Size)
- A copy of passport
- Research paper, publication or certificates. (if any)
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than April 08, 2016