Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
(MEXT) and Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), in partnership
with Okayama University and ASEAN University Network (AUN), is going
to organise the “Study and Visit Japan’s Modernisation and Post-War
Experience 2016” on 13 – 21 March 2016, which aims to showcase the
culture, tradition and the people of Japan to the ASEAN students to
further strengthen its people to people relationship and to enhance
social interaction and communication skill, as well as to explore its
The programme offers scholarships for 34 students from AUN Member
Universities in the fields of Social Science and Humanities. The
scholarship covers the land arrangement (programme fees,
accommodation, meals, kits and bus transportation) in Japan within the
inclusive dates amounting to JPY 80,000 (roughly around USD 1,000).
The round-trip airfare, visa processing fee and travel insurance shall
be borne by the participants.
Program Information: SVJapan2016-Programme Information
1) Completed Application Form with photo (SVJapan2016-AppForm-Name Last name) SVJapan2016-Application Form
2) Scanned copy of Parental Consent Form (SVJapan2016-ConForm-Name Last name) SVJapan2016-Parental Consent Form
3) Scanned copy of Medical Questionnaire Form (SVJapan2016-MedForm-Name Lastname) SVJapan2016-Medical Questionnaire Form
4) Scanned copy of transcript of records (SVJapan2016-Transcript-Name Last name)
5) Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages sent in PDF file) (SVJapan2016-CV-Name Lastname)
6) Scanned copy of passport which is valid for 6 months from13 March 2016 (SVJapan2016-PP-NameLast name)
7) Certificate of Enrolment from Home University
8) A nomination letter from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
9) A recommendation letter from an academic supervisor
10) Minimum of score record: TOEFL (530), iBT (80) or IELTS (6.0)
**The required documents number 1-6 must be saved in a soft copy and compiled in one zip file folder with
the following naming format (SVJapan2016-University-Name Last Name).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than January 25, 2016.